Delta Air Lines Releases A220 Service Entry Routes

Delta Air Lines have released the service entry flights for their new Airbus A220-100 aircraft. The inaugural flight will be January 31, 2019, on the LGA-BOS route.

The BCS1 has been flying crew training flights between Atlanta, Jackson, and Houston. This flight was flown yesterday by N101DU, taking the route ATL-JAN-IAH-JAN-ATL. As Delta receives more A220 aircraft, these training flights will become more common.

Airbus A220-100 Service Entry

eff 31JAN19 New York LaGuardia – Boston 3 daily (4 daily from 01APR19; currently listed until 30AUG19)
eff 31JAN19 New York LaGuardia – Dallas/Ft. Worth 4 daily (all flights operated by CS1 from 10APR19)
eff 02MAR19 Detroit – Dallas/Ft. Worth 4 daily (Launch date previously not specified on Airlineroute )
eff 02MAR19 Detroit – New York LaGuardia 1 weekly (New addition, until 30MAR19)
eff 10APR19 New York LaGuardia – Houston 4 daily (all flights operated by CS1 from 13MAY19)
eff 12MAY19 Salt Lake City – Dallas/Ft. Worth 3 daily
eff 08JUN19 Minneapolis/St. Paul – Dallas/Ft. Worth 3 daily
eff 01JUL19 Detroit – Houston 3 daily
eff 01JUL19 Salt Lake City – Houston 3 daily
eff 07JUL19 Minneapolis/St. Paul – Houston 1 daily (Previously scheduled from 01JUL19)
eff 31AUG19 New York JFK – Dallas/Ft. Worth 3 daily (all flights operated by CS1; Previously scheduled from 12AUG19)

I personally am extremely excited to see the new A220 in person. Houston should be getting 11 daily A220 flights, once the routes are completely established.

Picture credit to GFB Avphoto, a Houston spotter and friend of mine.

18 Likes

Was hoping they’d come to CVG for a few tests like they did with the A350. Turns out they actually have a sim for the A220, so we won’t see it unless it’s in scheduled 😭

2 Likes

Is that your photo?

@HEYEY - according to the post, no.

Oh. I feel so dumb. I didn’t read the whole thing. Sorry

Haha no worries. We all make mistakes :)

1 Like

We’ll be able to see A220’s at MSP which is nice.

1 Like

Good thing that they’ll be in New York for early services🤗

Drat, I was hoping we’d get a stop like we had with the A350…

Come on Delta, no scheduled to Atlanta!

That surprised me, I mean, ATL is their primary hub, so it would only make sense

1 Like

I’ve been trying to catch a glimpse of it here in Atlanta. I “saw” it on Flightaware a couple of days ago on a flight to Mobile Alabama. I noticed that it’s identifer code remains BCS1

I wish it would come to Denver for high altitude testing!

Yeooooooooooww MSP gets 2! Can’t wait to go spot those!

I mean it’s extremely cheap to get to SLC on DAL from DEN so I might be able to fly on them out of SLC. @anon67310022 you should join me. First Class on this DEN-SLC is extremely affordable ;) then we can fly the A220 to IAH

1 Like

Beautiful plane, with Delta livery!

DCA would be a great airport for this.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.