Delta Air Lines will introduce a brand-new First Class seat once their A321neos arrive later this year.
These new seats are manufactured by Factory Design and Recaro using passenger feedback.
The new first class seat features:
- Increased privacy without reducing seat width
- A larger tray table, including 25% more workspace
- A dramatic increase in storage compared to the A321ceo seat
- Power port that face the customer (seen in the literature pocket of the rendering above)
- Memory foam cushioning for increased comfort.
These seats will also feature Delta’s new entertainment system found on their A220s.
In comparison, this is the current A321ceo First Class.
(Image by Onemileatatime)
Delta currently has 100 A321neos on order with an additional 100 options. They’ll be delivered starting later this year through 2023.
The A321neo will feature 20 First Class, 30 Delta Comfort+, and 147 Economy Seats for a total of 197 seats.
Overall, this looks great but it seems kind of tight. However, it’s way better than American Airlines’ A321neo cabin.