Delta Aims For Carbon Neutrality By 2030

Hey everyone,

I’ve been snooping around aviation news sites and I found an article that caught my eye.

Delta Air Lines has set themselves a goal to become Carbon Neutral by the year 2030 and they plan to invest in helping the warming globe by the likes of Etihad and British Airways. It is reported that they have committed $1 Billion USD towards the environment as a start. Being an airline with one of the largest carbon footprints, it is understandable to see why they are trying to emit less CO2 seeing their vows to save the environment.

Delta claims to begin using new technologies to make air travel cleaner and making projects to mitigate the reduction of waste. This seems quite essential as our planet, environmentally, is basically in a critical state. This seems like a good way to get other airlines to follow the role model airlines into reducing carbon emissions. Some airlines might do something small to combat it, but not enough even if they claim so.

Personally, I think it should be one of their highest, if not, the highest priorities to get ahead with their plan as we are risking global catastrophe within a decade or two. If they keep their promises and make it a higher priority, they could reach their goal and beyond earlier that way.

Do you think they will go ahead with their plan and do enough?

16 Likes

This is a great step that all airlines should consider taking! We can only have aviation if we don’t destroy the environment 😂

4 Likes

Hehe…good luck with that Delta!

3 Likes

Delta has one of the oldest fleets of any United States airline, with an average fleet age of 14.9 years as of 31 December 2019. Its oldest aircraft types are the MD-88, MD-90, Boeing 757-200, Boeing 767-300ER, and Airbus A320-200, which have an average age of 28.7, 22.7, 22.4, 23.6 and 24.4 years, respectively.

Good luck indeed…

3 Likes

Airbus A220, A330neo and A350:

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.