Delta A350 Walkaround & Departure @KOSH

Hello IFC!

Well, EAA Airventure at Oshkosh has come again this year, and the lineup of heavies at Boeing Plaza did not disappoint once again. At center stage for the plaza and quite frankly the entire event yesterday was Boeing’s 747-400LCF Dreamlifter staying a couple of days, and Delta’s A350-900 on a day trip from Detroit. For the sake of flight action for the day, here is a compilation of shots featuring the A350.

Standing in line waiting to board adjacent to the aircraft, really got to see the size of the plane and the Trents powering it.

Inside the Economy cabin now as we make our way to the front, and this shot of the wing with the backdrop of Airventure action

Up in the cockpit of this aircraft now, looks quite comfy for some of those longer 15+ hour flights Delta operates these on…or the 40-minute hop across Lake Michigan (Quality dropped off, took this on my phone and then had to convert the file type)

A shot of the left winglet on the aircraft, really love the curve that it has!

Getting ready for departure now later in the afternoon, pushed back right onto the runway and then got ready to go

Full power and flaps dumped on the intersection departure off of Runway 18

Pretty impressive T/O performance in the end though, certainly helps when there is practically nothing on there though

Final shot as it banks east and starts heading back to Detroit. Slightly disappointed they didn’t stick around for a pattern circuit and just went straight East…like who wants to go to Detroit as fast as possible? The range was getting up there, and didn’t want to try and grab another lens, so 350mm at just under 2 miles is gonna be how I got this

Thanks for viewing, and maybe the interval between my next spotting topic will be less than 12 months from now.

47 Likes

Very nice pictures! Good job!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning pictures!

Happy Cake Day as well!

2 Likes

Glad that you like them, and thank you!

2 Likes

These are incredible photos! Happy cake day!

2 Likes

Nice photos! Happy cakeday!

2 Likes

Thank you and thank you!

1 Like

Nice1 wish I could be at OSH, happy cake day!

1 Like

It is certainly a great place to go once you get a chance, and thank you!

Great pics, and happy cakeday! Love the Delta A350.

1 Like

Thank you! I agree, I especially love the look of the livery on the A350, and would argue it is the best looking in their fleet.

1 Like

You’re lucky you got to see that! Nice shots!

Do you have any tips regarding crowds or locations that are best to see the air shows?

1 Like

Thank you! If I am interpreting you correctly, and you are asking about the best locations at Oshkosh, the truth is anywhere along the flight line (which runs for quite literally a mile along the runway) works well, as there is no fence or anything to shoot through which certainly helps. If I am mistaken in your question though, please feel to correct me.

2 Likes

Thank you! That’s exactly what I was asking sorry if I was confusing. I’ll be showing up later today so I’m just trying to get a feel of the show. :)

1 Like

Nah, you’re all good. Stay hydrated and enjoy the show!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.