Delta A350 second visit to MSP

I am aware that these pictures are horrible and low quality but it’s the best I can do for a iPhone 6s. If you are thinking of making any negative comments about the quality of the pictures then please don’t. Thanks.

Today Delta sent a A350 (N502DN) to Minneapolis from Cincinnati. I got some pictures of the arrival but none of the departure. It landed on 30L and didn’t use very much because it was empty. If anyone knows (no random speculation please) the reason it was here then I would be happy to hear why. Thanks for looking at this.

I’m going to get a new actually good camera soon and I’m wondering what I should get. Anything under $800usd would be great. Any suggestions to what I should get?

40 Likes

Those are nice photos my friend! Love the Delta A350s, especially their winglets.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure Delta’s 350s are based in MSP, I would assume it flew to Cinci for some kind of maintenance or something, I don’t know though.

3 Likes

So far no A350s are based at MSP. I’m pretty sure almost all of them are based at Detroit.

2 Likes

I don’t use a DSLR camera, but I do use a point and shoot which is the Canon G9X and it takes spectacular photos and also has a good zoom. Price is 400$ USD

1 Like

Sorry, you are right! I got them mixed up.

1 Like

Delta fits so well on the A350. The plane is beautiful.

1 Like

They are currently based at DTW operating to Tokyo-Narita and Seoul-Incheon at this time. :)

This aircraft was most likely doing some test flights between CVG and MSP for pilot familiarization. Delta has been doing ATL-CVG-DTW hops but this is the first time I’m seeing test flights to MSP.

8 Likes

I would recommend a Canon T7i, amazing pics and videos

2 Likes

Canon 1200D was my first camera. Produced a crisp picture without blurriness, it was around $300.

Good photos though. Always nice to see the A350!

3 Likes

You should try Canon 1300D. It’s really good for photos (not so for videos)

3 Likes

Canon T7 is one of the best cameras for your price range.

3 Likes

You can get an A7 for that range. The have depreciated enough to easily get a second hand camera with a lense for $800. That’s what I’ve used for the past three years and still use today for all my gigs.

2 Likes

That is pretty cool! I have never been airplane spotting before but I wish to someday, as I get older and inquire myself a car. Was it fun and how was the rush when you heard those airplane engines ignite in what seems to be broad daylight? Can’t wait to hear your response! Good day

2 Likes

Very nice! The Delta Livery fits the A350 amazingly!

If you want an inexpensive Camera, a Nikon Coolpix B500 should be good for you, as it’s a point and shoot camera, though it does not have Manual Focus, which is a downside, 40x Optical Zoom, and is battery powered

1 Like

You should put up some of your 4K pics from Discord here
Great shots

1 Like

KDTW-RKSI flights are still only operated by the B744. Those wont start as A359 until December 18th. Currently Delta only has 2 A359 in active duty while the rest they have received are still going through final air line check flights and crew familiarization.

2 Likes

These actually started last week. Since Delta doesn’t have enough A350s to cover the route in both directions, they operate it every other day with the 747-400 still operating in between those days.

December 18th must be the start of daily A350-only service for the route to ICN and the end of the 747 flights. :)

2 Likes

The plane flew by very quickly but it was still a fun experience. I highly recommend going plane spotting.

2 Likes

Nice job, especially with just an iPhone. I use a Canon T3i and I really love it. Used it’s very affordable.

1 Like