Delta A320 blocks a Qatar Airways A380 at Atlanta!

So does that article mean if the Gulf carriers didn’t receive all the money they get from the government they wouldn’t have the rapid expansion they do today and in the future?

Well that’s what the american carriers are suggesting however they are owned by the goverent so surely they should get capital from them just as a sole trader might inject money into their business using their own money and gulf carriers use the argument that after 9/11 they received money aswell so they can’t say that to the gulf carriers as they also received money. Hope this makes sense I’m tying to type it but it’s hard to put it in words :)

I understand it almost well…don’t worry.

1 Like

Ok, and isn’t Qatar apart of the One World alliance, so why would American be mad at them?

1 Like

Because they are saying that Qatar airways, Emirates and Etihad are receiving more money and I think they are gaining a bigger market share and they are bee coming real competitors as they now are starting more flights to America but I agree they are part of a partnership

1 Like

This just makes me so happy to see Delta make Quarter unhappy!☺️ Atlanta is delta territory!

1 Like

you mean Qatar, right?

Heck no I hate quarter for what their doing.

1 Like

By the way, Delta’s being a little whiny brat, metaphorically. If they’d shut up about the Gulf Airlines and stop complaining about them coming to Atlanta, people would be happy. They are acting like a little…well…i’m not going to say it.

2 Likes

Although this is from a year ago, still worth a read for a bit of background

1 Like

Who?😂 and I understand how US Airlines can be upset, but I wouldn’t go as far as parking my airplane in their way

I would. It means quarter has to have a harder time and it ruins thier chances.

These airlines reminds me some classmates at high school, who were always fighting by nonsenses. Definitely these airlines are not a example of a good airline. Doesn’t matter how many aircrafts you have, how luxurious and modern are, how many passengers of freight you had carried, what matter is what people think and comment about the airline.

3 Likes

In my opinion the gulf carriers have done nothing wrong as they don’t involve themselves in the problem these comments form the cel of Qatar are form press interviews which he frequently does unlike other CEOs and they are usually based around delta’s comments, delta is accusing them and it means nothing they should continue doing just they do like every other airline, you don’t see British airways doing it to any other airlines that goes to Heathrow or Ryanair in Dublin

1 Like

Oh man! The Qatar Airways CEO just ROASTED Delta’s butt!

2 Likes

Oh Delta, you’ll never fail to be cheeky.

😁

Seems AAB had a fun time too ;). Hilarious to see these guys argue over childsplay

3 Likes

wow… just wow… its like 2 little kids that are fighting over their toys and one comes with a better one…

1 Like

Just to make it clear delta schedule their aircraft and they didn’t reschedule their aircraft and we can assume that it’s to get back at Qatar on the other hand there might not have been any other gates and so they put their airline first and dint want to use buses so until we know that definitely delta did it on purpose then we can’t know the intentions or the reasons behind it, that’s my opinion on it

2 Likes

I always found this little spat between DL and QR quite amusing. DL doesn’t have any investment in most of QR’s market, they hurt AF/KL more than DL. While I personally disagree with some of QR’s employment principles, their crew are not abandoning the company in droves, therefore suggesting that conditions are not as bad as many thinks. If people have issues with QR’s practices, they don’t have to fly them. There is no need to get into a childish spat over this matter like what DL is doing. While I admire DL as a well-managed, successful airline, it eludes me as to why they would get into a fight like this. If someone asks me on which airline I support in this matter, I will respond “neither”. QR needs to get some of their policies in order, and DL needs to stop behaving like a brat.

2 Likes

I am flying Qatar ATL-DOH-NBO on Qatar mostly because delta does not offer these flights.