Delta 767 catches fire.

A delta airlines flight scheduled as DL 420 served by an Boeing 767 has caught fire in the landing gear on the ground at JFK airport. Passengers have been evacuated from the plane. Keep an eye here for further updates.

Source - https://instagram.com/insiderflyer?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=8mc8wb3xferh

18 Likes

scary stuff… does anyone know how the gear got ignited

1 Like

Not yet, it’s pretty fresh… happened maybe an hour or two ago.

@mwe2187 I expect a full incident report from you…

He’s apart of DLVA, can you believe he would allow matches on his 767s!?

9 Likes

Oh man. Thats a scary landing! 😰

1 Like

just checked fr24 and it appears dl420 landed in New York 5 hours ago as 737-900, however the outbound flight from New York to Accra was cancelled tonight, possibly due to this incident

1 Like

I sure hope it wasn’t N183DN 😰

2 Likes

I can hear someone saying “ landing gear has already melted” in the video… I hope they got it in control before the fire spread more.

1 Like

small thing, the plane was about to takeoff to Accra, it had not just landed… thanks for sharing this info though!

1 Like

My bad! That’s what I saw on a different post. 😅

I noticed the. All sign was 420… but hopefully it’s all ok.

1 Like

No worries

1 Like

One of the coments says it was N180DN? Is this true? If so I actually saw that plane a few weeks back operating the Pairis Servace!

20180901_173801

8 Likes

FLT. 430 was a sceduled pax service flight using a 767. while rolling down the runway the crew had to abort takeoff. the brakes got hot and ignited.

6 Likes

Yes it was N180DN

1 Like

DN?

Wow! Carazy! Thats pretty cool in a way having seen this plane!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Cancelled I think…

1 Like

Someones blazing it on DL 420.

15 Likes

Lol. Must’ve been pretty lit. I’ll be interesting to see what the cause was.

26 Likes