Delta 757 Los Angeles to Lihue

Flew today from Los Angeles to the westernmost commercial airport in the Hawaiian Islands, Lihue, on the island of Kaua’i. Normally this route is operated by the Airbus A321neo in the afternoon but because of scheduling and the fact that the A321neo is not yet in Infinite Flight, the flight today is in the morning and upgauged/reverted to the 757-200. So, without further ado, here’s our trip to paradise on the Flying Pencil:

Server: Solo
Airline: Delta Air Lines
Aircraft: Boeing 757-200
Origin: Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles, California (LAX)
Destination: Lihue Airport, Lihue, Hawai’i (LIH)
Flight Number: DL428
Route: KLAX-PHLI
Seat: 19A (Delta Comfort+)
Time En Route: 5 Hours 3 Minutes

Boarding at Terminal 2 and settling into our seat for the 5-hout flight to Lihue

Ready to taxi

Rocketing off of Runway 24L

Smooth cruising over the Pacific means that the seatbelt sign is off for most of our flight

Descending with the island of Maui to our left

Landing on a beautiful Hawaiian morning in Lihue

Parked at the gate and getting ready for the flight back to LA, before proceeding to Detroit, Atlanta, and St. Maarten

15 Likes

Nice photos!

2 Likes

Thanks! The Pencil is my favorite aircraft to fly in the U.S. because it can fit in almost anywhere.

2 Likes

Technically the 757-300 is considered “The Pencil”, not the -200, but yes it is nice to fly indeed. ☺️

1 Like

Love Delta and I’ll have to do this flight sometime maybe this weekend. Awesome topic!

I miss them sending 757 to hawaii

Very nice pictures!

I hated how you took off from 24L tho lol