Delta 757 First Class | Seattle To Fort Lauderdale via Atlanta

Delta First Class

Seattle-Atlanta-Fort Lauderdale

Hello, and welcome to another trip report. Today, I am starting my trip off in Seattle Tacoma airport, heading down to Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport, connecting through Atlanta, on a Delta Boeing 757–200 aircraft. Because of American express platinum, we have access to the Centurion lounge here in Seattle, it provided incredible views of the apron.

image image

Unfortunately, we did not get access to the Delta lounge here in Seattle, that is only available to international Delta one class. You can also get access if you’re flying Delta one transcontinental business class. Unfortunately, this plane was fitted with the regular first class recliners. However, while not being as grand as the Delta lounge, the Centurion lounge is an incredible lounge here in Seattle, and I highly recommend it!
Unfortunately, we did not get access to the Delta lounge here in Seattle, that is only available to international Delta one class. You can also get access if you’re flying in Delta one transcontinental business class. Unfortunately, this plane was fitted with the regular first class recliners. However, while not being as grand as the Delta lounge, the centurion lounge is an incredible lounge here in Seattle, and I highly recommend it!

Our aircraft tonight are: N535US and N6704Z. They are both 757 aircraft in the Delta fleet fitted with the same first class recliners. This configuration has five rows of first class in a 2-2 configuration, with 37 inches of pitch at each seat. Today, my seat is 3A.

At the seat, delta provided very cheap amenities. No amenity kit was provided, the only things there were a pillow, and a blanket. Now where they comfortable… No. However, they were appreciated and kept me sort of warm.

Delta does not have great lake many seats. 37 inches is less than you’d find in jetBlue even more space. That, has 38 inches. The seat was fine, there was no special padding, and quite hard for a first class seat. There was an adjustable headrest, but it didn’t hold my head that much, it would just fall back in place.

They also provided a pre-departure beverage, which I may or may not have spilled on myself before the flight. Luckily, I was able to get a shot for you guys, but right after that… Disaster struck. I spilled it all over myself and I was wet for the majority of the flight. My biggest problem with this, is that the flight attendants didn’t even care at all. They offered me a drink napkins to wipe it up, but what was that gonna do? The door was still open on the ground, they could’ve gotten anything from the terminal, and I’m sure they had plenty to clean it up with on the plane… But no, they give me the drink napkin.

Since it was night, I don’t have any departure footage for you. Luckily, once we start to arrive in Atlanta, it’s gonna be around 7:00am, sunrise! Now, this is usually the part When I’ll talk about the food, despite the late departure time, I was expecting a meal on this flight. But nope, all I got was a little snack. That’s unfortunate, because this flight was well over the required distance for first class meals, and on both of my flights from Seattle to Atlanta, and Atlanta to Fort Lauderdale, nothing. The crew stayed behind the curtain the entire time. Luckily, there was personal air vents, and I turn mine all the way up to try to dry my spill.

Now, here are some great views as we make a dissent into the Atlanta area!

Connecting in Atlanta was a breeze as always, just walk to your next gate. Then sit there for two hours during a meeting it’s late. We were moved gates twice throughout the period of all this and, eventually we ended up with our new 757 aircraft, after old one had to be towed to storage.

We ended up departing Atlanta past our scheduled arrival time in Fort Lauderdale. It’s OK, at least they didn’t cancel it. The seat I had on this flight was exactly the same, and the experience was similar. I did get a chance to go in depth with the in-flight entertainment, and I would say it is very good. Now that the jetBlue fans are reading this like 😁😂. And the delta fans are reading this like 😭🏥😡😤. There is one piece of good news. I found the in-flight entertainment to be one of the best systems in the entire United States, for a matter of fact, it could’ve been one of the best in the world! The selection was endless, and it would’ve lasted me entertainment for a whole year!

Now, as we make our scenic approach into Fort Lauderdale, let me explain my thoughts. Maybe on a daytime flight, I would’ve been more impressed, where I could actually get food. But not getting food on a long almost transcontinental flight is really disappointing for me. I think I want to give delta first class one more try, to see what they can do with their food. Although, what won’t change, Is the blanket, pillow, and the seat. I already know what to expect for that, and, after coming off of one of the best first classes in the United States just a few days before this, it left me really disappointed. Thanks for reading this review, please vote below to tell me what airline I should review next!

What Airline Should I Review Next?

• Alaska 737-800 First Class
  • Alaska (Virgin America) A320 First Class
  • Southwest 737-700 Economy Class
  • JetBlue A321 Even More Space

0 voters

11 Likes

Hi all delta fans that already scroll to the bottom and are ready to write hate comments after just reading the first sentence of this 👋🏻

2 Likes

LMAOOOOOOO @CaptainZac

Nice, always wanted to fly first class!
I been with delta and i loved it!

2 Likes

I never mentioned it in there, and I can’t say it enough, No matter the positive or negative review, I’m just trying to give my personal opinions on what I thought on the product. I try to think and give positive reviews because I don’t want it to seem like I take traveling so much for granted. I think it’s a privilege. So as much as I want to give a positive review, I want to speak the facts, and the truth

1 Like

Nice review!

What did you expect them to do, personally wipe you down until you were dry?

Jokes aside, always cool to see a Delta review. I’ve taken one DL 757 flight in my life, which was from ATL-SLC on a 753, but I was in economy. Nice to see the first class product.

5 Likes

Haha. At least a towel or something would’ve been nice 😂. Think of it, what would they have done if they spelt their drink on their uniform? But thanks for your positive feedback!

1 Like

All I’m going is this… if you think that was bad, try AAs current F class set up on normal domestic flights.

1 Like

I don’t want to. 😂. To be honest, at this day and age I would be glad to fly in spirit airlines economy with no window 😂

I wonder why this has so many less likes than my other trip reports… lol

Delta fanboys are mad, I favor Alaska so I like this one 😂

Never really liked Delta anyways… they’re an average airline, unlike jetBlue and Alaska.

@N1RG I flew the Astrojet 737 and they literally ripped their international premium economy, watered it down, reduced the legroom, took out the actual divider and put a little piece of transparent plastic, and put it on their 737s… not impressed to say the least.

1 Like

Nice Trip Report!

JetBlue is better ngl 😜

JetBlue is my favorite airline!

1 Like

I completely agree!

1 Like

Great report! It’s amazing how fast you right these. 😂

1 Like

I usually start working on them the night before, work on it some more throughout the morning and afternoon, Then I make my final edits right before I post it

1 Like

Damn personally, I don’t see the point of using First Class on domestic flights, I dont know, Nice reviews though

Well, the point really is is to get some extra sleep. Also, the person who I was traveling with had very severe clotting disorders, and she needs to be in extra legroom seat or else she could possibly faint

1 Like

Thanks for flying Delta. Our first class product really shines on non domestic flights though.

3 Likes

I look forward to trying it soon… After you know what

1 Like

Yeah I can’t wait to fly internationally again. Flew Delta One 8 times (77 total flights in 2019) last year and loved it.

1 Like