Delete violations after a certain time

I agree with you as well. Flying normal is essential.

But what about the pilots who flew normal and withour violations for like two years? Is it fair that they’re still sitting on those violations from their beginnings? I think the fact that there’s such a discussion under this topic shows that this is not only nonsense.

Of course, it’s not the end of the world. And there’s more important stuff that needs to be done first. I agree with that as well. But I think it’s something that can be discussed. That’s why I created this suggestion. 😊

3 Likes

@DeerCrusher. MaxSez: Seem’s you and your peers are out of steep again Crusher. Rehabilitation is in, Punisment and Tough-love are anachronisms, with justice comes mercy… It’s just a game after all and it is 2018…

2 Likes

You could just make a new account and start fresh as a “expert” pilot.

I am one of those people. It’s not something I care about really, it’s like being materialistic in my eyes.

1 Like

I’m still sitting on my violations for years. Pretty fair if you ask me. I was the one who was behind the controls at the time. I’m fully responsible for what was dealt to my account.

7 Likes

It’s just another parameter to determine people’s skill and try to restrict people from breaking the rules. After 181 I guess I finally learnt… anyway there are solutions if you really care and that’s to start afresh. After all the violations on your account really do mean nothing if you are a skilled pilot and unless you care about them so work hard and get a new account to the same level as the previous one, but with no violations. Your call.

1 Like

Sorry but I don’t follow why this is even an issue? It’s not like anyone is punished for violations they got years ago…

7 Likes

Because some groups(IFAE as an example) cares about violations, even those you got a long time ago

That’s actually a good point with the responsibility you made here. I have to give you credits for that. 👍🏼

Still, I think the system may need a little rework. It’s great discussing it here. Interesting to see and get different opinions about such matters.

1 Like

I’m a strong supporter of the ratio thing we’ve got going.

It shows in some way, that you have learned and have stopped getting violations for each full flight. Maybe something those groups should look into.

6 Likes

As DC said I have 168 violations. I have gotten 2 since global and all of them were when half moon bay was the thing and we would just et violations by flying into SFO’s airspace. Back when I did that IF was just a little game I trolled on now it’s a reality that I train on and this community and IF is what sparked my interest in getting my PPL. If you don’t have any violations it’s like a story and where your past has led you.

2 Likes

I like this idea, however, it’s not like there isn’t anything on this forum, or anywhere on the internet that we as pilots cannot use to learn how to use IF properly. There are tutorials on the YouTube channel, which are highly detailed and adequate enough not to rack up 250+ violations.

As well as this, if I read it right a new rule has just been put in place where any violations that are over a year old (correct me if I’m wrong) are not counted, at least in regards to accessing the different servers, etc.

I accept that people make mistakes every now and then, I myself have just gone down to grade 3 from grade 5 because I was distracted and wasn’t below 250kts before descending below FL100. But to get that many violations, and still not learn to stop doing what I JUST did that earned me the violation, takes a huge amount of skill *sarcasm.

That, and what @DeerCrusher said :)

2 Likes

@Marc. MaxSez: Waivering are you Marc? YOU set the tone of this thread now your wiseywashying. If you feel strong enough about it to post it defend it or return to the basement forthwith. @Chatta290., Ok we got it first time…

2 Likes

What do you think about a system where you can see when a violation was made?

For example: Instead of showing 100 violations im the statistics it will be shown as:
2015: 87 violations
2016: 10 violations
2017: 3 violations

I’m proud I added up those 3 numbers right *math talent*

6 Likes

I think this would be helpful (especially with the under-250 total violation rule on TS1)

2 Likes

I’ve heard rumors about something similar being requested by Shaffer ;)

And i support that as well, of course. We need a better logbook.

6 Likes

I don’t agree that you should be able to fly your violations off, but after a couple of years then your violations should start to go down. I have 230 violations from my dark days, but I have changed since then. People change, violations don’t. That’s the issue.

5 Likes

I try to discuss and react to the points made by other members of this community. If this means that I have to agree with points that may be against my first opinion, I have to accept that. I think it’s better than being stubborn on the own opinion. 😉

2 Likes

As with anything, the developers are always open to suggestions. If changes are needed I’m sure they will be open to it.

7 Likes

Splitting it into years should show how one improves over time. Rather than deleting and help people abuse a new feature I think a regrouping of how violations are displayed is the real solution

2 Likes