Definitive answer on Logitech Extreme 3D joystick and iOS/Mac?

Hi everyone! Based on what I read on these forums, it seems that I should be able to get a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick working. Others have mentioned it as part of their standard setups. I have iOS devices, and also a Mac to use for LiveFlight Connect if necessary. It doesn’t work.

I first tried using the joystick directly with my iPad (running iOS 13.3) and a camera adapter for USB-A to Lightning. I could find no evidence the joystick was recognized. Infinite Flight said it only found one controller, the built-in device.

I then tried on a Mac, also running latest OS (10.15.2). System Information shows it in the list of USB devices, but LiveFlight Connect claims no joystick is connected.

I happen to have VMware and a Windows 10 installation. If I connect the joystick to the virtual Windows PC, it all seems to work as expected. But I really don’t want to have to load Windows just to use the joystick.

Others have posted that they use this joystick on iOS/Mac setups. What’s different about mine? There doesn’t appear to be multiple versions of the joystick available. The one I got specifically says for Windows, but isn’t it just USB?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.