Decent into LPPT

Im currently decending into LPPT and I was told to decend to 7000ft. I set 7000 and saw that my alt just kept decending below my selected alt. I thought that it was going to go a little bit below as I was on a rapid decent but by the looks it just kept decending to about 3500 until I realised I should take manual control.

Device: Ipad 2018
Aircarft: B737 BBJ

Are you sure that ALT was enabled - if V/S is enabled but not ALT - the aircraft will just continue down at the V/S you set

If possible can you provide the replay of the flight

Everything was set. I was literally watching it with my eyes just keep decending

1 Like

Can you share the replay?

The replay will just show me decending not my selected alt so I see no use but if you still want i can screen record that section

1 Like

Yes - do that - that would be of better help.

alright give me a few minutes still on arrival into LPPT

1 Like

There is the video. I went to about 4700ft when I realised something wasn’t right and took manual control to climb back to 7000ft

Odd - however you started to level off around 5000ft - are you sure you put 7000ft in the A/P

Howver at no point can I see the A/P menu so I can’t conclude.

1 Like

Im not sure if this is from the video but the blue thing on the alt is the altitude that is put in to the ap. So it looks like you might have had a lower alt put in but i dont think thats the case because you said it was set to 7000ft

1 Like

Yes it is - so this is probably the culprit @Chris_Hoss

I think you might have had a lower alt set because otherwise it should have stoped at 7000ft

1 Like

I started leveling off at 5000 because I put the alt up higher but it still was decending

1 Like

Then why is the blue marker which shows the ALT set in the A/P set way below even 4700ft.

That I’m not to sure about. I set 7000ft I was looking at the alt on my decent which is why it brought me to this concern. If you can’t help me that’s fine it’s probably a bug

1 Like

perhaps it would be useful to post a replay which does actually show your AP modes?

In any case the alt bug seems to show that you didn’t set it to 7000ft. We all make mistakes sometimes :)

1 Like

Sorry but I have to say that you people are wrong with that blue thing being in the selected alt. I just went and did another flight were I selected 7000ft and decended to that alt and the blue square does not move in the replay

1 Like

If you can’t show a video which replicates the supposed bug and shows you selecting an altitude but the AP descending through and below that altitude, it will be very difficult for anyone to provide any help.

1 Like

well we have no clue because we only got a video of you descending and we are trying to come up with ideas to help solve the issue

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.