"Dear Future Pilots"....

Hey!
I want to get some advice and stories about current pilots, flight students or anybody in the aviation field. The title is portraying a storytelling nature, in school, we write “Dear my future self” letters at the beginning of the year and look back at them later on. Here is kind of the same? Go ahead share some stories, tips, tricks, what to do and not to do and what you hope on accomplishing.

Myself: I’m still deciding on whether I’m going airliners or corporate. If I go airliners it’s definitely Delta, if I go corporate I don’t know…

Cheers!
~Sparryax

2 Likes

I am a student, and well I share my goal.
I am currently studying the commercial pilot phase of Fixed wing, and really my goal is that at the end of this phase, I will start working for an airline in my country, being my first choice Aeromexico.
In my country of Mexico, you can only work until you are 60 years old, so after turning 60 years old, I will go to work in executive aviation.
really commercial aviation, is a bit more exciting for the same reason that you have more contact with people or with different cabin equipment, although yes, the day is heavier

3 Likes

I wish you the best of lucking during training 😉. Keep me posted with how you’re doing!

3 Likes

Thank you! Brother also wish much success to your future and choice.
In what I can help you, count on me ✈🛫🛬🙋‍♂️

1 Like

I want to be a pilot real bad, but I cant

Medical related?

Yes, I am blind in one eye and some idiot threw a handball in my eye and I had a retinal detachment so I needed e,regency surgery. Now one yr later I still need to sleep with a light on and I see hundreds of thousands of flashing lights, floaters and I have blurry vision. Doctor said it probably will stay there forever

8 Likes

I am sorry to hear that. That really sucks.

1 Like

I am also so sorry to hear that 😞.

1 Like

You can still become an airline pilot and get a first class medical. To make it short in order to be considered for monocular your bad eye have to have a vision of 20/200 or worse and then I think they submit a report to the FAA. There is still hope.

I’m really sorry, really friend, it’s kind of strong to read that :(

1 Like

I’m very sorry to hear that. It hit me when I read that message…I hope one day your dream will come true ;) all the best man stay strong!- AZADAL

1 Like

That really sucks man, hope you the best

2 Likes

That’s definitely my goal is to work for delta

I have hope for you that you’ll become a pilot someday just believe there are ways

1 Like

Dear future pilots, never spend all your money to a full time training program (EU).
Do your university, get a job and pay for every hour and do the training beside your job.

2 Likes

I kinda have that same issue. I can see very well, but my left eye can‘t turn left. My right eye can. And they both can turn right. So I‘d have to turn my head to see to the left. Not sure if I can make my ppl…

1 Like

I flew the other day with a colleague with only 1 eye.

The limitations on Class 1 medicals have massively opened up over the past few years and what was once an instant bar from holding is now, often, placed as a limitation.

Have a look at ‘Operational Multi-Crew Limitations’ for your issuing authority.

Basically this applies limits to your crewing options (for example two pilots with OML’s cannot be rostered to fly together) but does allow you to conduct flight operations once the limitation has been thoroughly examined.

I am unsure of how this affects you INITIAL application but I can guarantee you that for renewals it has been a godsend for some of my friends and colleagues as we all get older!!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.