De Havilland Canada DHC-7

Aircraft Background

The DHC-7 or as its commonly known as the Dash-7 is an STOL regional airliner produced by De Havilland Canada.The de Havilland Canada decided upon making the Dash-7 mainly because it’s popular DHC-6 Twin otters did not have the capacity to serve busier routes. The Dash 7s main competitors in the regional airliner market were the Fokker-27, Convair 500s and the Hawker Siddeley 748. Unlike the its predecessor the DHC-6 the Dash-7 did not use flaperons because of weight and complexity. Instead the ailerons were reduced in size to accommodate a larger flap area, which were augmented with two sets of spoilerons. It’s four Pratt&Whitney PT6A-50 Engines aided lift at low speeds due to the wide span of the propellers blowing air over the wing (“propwash”)

Potential Liveries

Air Greenland
British Antarctic Survey
Air Wisconsin
Widerøe
Hawaiian Airlines
United States Army
Canadian Forces
Air Niugini
City Express
Ansett New Zealand
Trans Capital Air
PanAm Express
British Airways-Brymon
USair Express-Paradise islands airlines

General Characteristics

Crew: 2
Capacity: 50 Passengers
Wingspan: 93ft
Height: 26ft 2in
MTOW:44,000lb
Max.Speed: 231kts
Range: 690nm
Service ceiling: 21,000ft

Final Thought

I believe that this aircraft can be used anywhere and would be exiting to fly as it can land at some of the most challenging airports in the world. This aircraft also offers many livery choices especially some obscure ones that you may not see on many other aircraft however some of the more well known airlines are also available such as a PanAm express or a British Airways retro livery. This aircraft has lots of variety! So why not fly out of your local airport with ease!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:AirGreenland_Dash7_(11832984313).jpg

The first time I saw this plane, I thought airlines equipped Dash-8s with four engines. Now I’m realizing that this is a separate aircraft. Thanks for the request, sadly it seems that I don’t have any spare votes. Sorry, good request though.

Thanks! Unfourtunatly the four engines discouraged airlines from buying it as it consumed a lot of fuel, however it was the building blocks of the dash-8