Dca.iad.aviation's ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ N/A

I want to work on perfecting my TS ATC skills since I do not want to be IFATC, any feedback is welcome, please let me know specifically what needs improving and what is good already, and below is just a generic form of letting you know what I’m doing during each of my sessions.

Airport:

Runways in Use:

Airport Charts:

Airport Restrictions:

I’ll stop by after I finish up my dinner

1 Like

Coming now!

1 Like

Coming now if you plan on staying open for about another 15?

1 Like

Yup, I’ll be open as long as you guys want

1 Like

Perfect, I’ll be G-RHYS

1 Like

Whoops, shouldn’t be saying make right traffic since that was already the pattern. Sorry @MJP_27

Some of my clearances are a bit late, sorry

The call base sign as a preset on the left confused me, I thought it was prompting me to call the base, but it instead told to extend downwind

1 Like

Feedback, I was G-RHYS

• I requested transition as my first message. A transition is typically given around 1000ft above pattern work. my transition was given at or above 1500ft, which would be at the same altitude as the pattern work. Giving me at or 2500 or at or above 3000 would be better
  • Pattern entry was a little late, but sequencing was on point
  • EC-SDI’s sequencing was incorrect. Instead of “Number 3 traffic to follow is on right downwind”, the correct form should be “number 3, traffic to follow it on LEFT downwind, since he was behind me, who was on left DW”
  • I know he will tell you about this, but since OK-HAI was following the pattern even after a go-around, you didn’t need to issue a pattern entry to right base, a go-around staying with tower assumes that they will fly a standard pattern
  • Second pattern was ok, you could’ve told me to either adjust my speed to follow the aircraft ahead (he was going 130kts and I was going 180kts), or told him to maintain best forward speed since the TBM can quite easily maintain 180kts

Overall, not a bad job. Work on your transitions, pattern entries, and sequences to help you the most. I didn’t see any issues with clearances, however you said that you did.

Have a great day!

1 Like

And I am now closed. Thanks for stopping by!

This session brought me to 1500 ATC ops!

Hey there!

You did good. Just a few mistakes.

• You only need to use the after the option, make left/right traffic after someone calls inbound or requests a runway change.

• The Transition altitude was way to low for G-RHYS. Use the format above that @Rhys_V provided.

• You gave me number 2, traffic to follow is on final when the Q400 was on right base.

• It would’ve been better to put G-RHYS number 1 for the pattern and then give me number 2 for the pattern. To do that, you would’ve gave me number 2, traffic to follow was on left downwind. And I would follow him.

• The extend downwind and extend upwind commands were very unnecessary.

• The enter right base command you gave me should’ve been a turn base command.

Sorry for leaving. My device ran out of battery. 😅

Thanks,
Mason

3 Likes

Open Now!

Airport:

Falcon Field / MSC l KFFZ

Runways in Use:

Landing and departing 4R and 4L

Airport Charts:

https://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KFFZ/ALL/all/pdf

Airport Restrictions:

Adhere to gate restrictions, jets, turboprops, and props are all welcome

Thanks for stopping by @powdarrmonkey and @Husam_Baobaid! Feedback is appreciated!

1 Like

Not bad at all. A few things to bear in mind:

• Give sequence as early as you can (allowing for take-off pilot workload of course); upwind or early crosswind is ideal
  • For a go-around there is a specific reply which reads (e.g.) “Roger, make left traffic runway 4L”. You can even instruct a go-around if you can see that the pilot is clearly not going to get set up for the approach in time (I really, really wasn’t lined up oops 😳)
  • Don’t give a runway change pattern in the opposite direction if you can see that the aircraft is already turning; use the established direction if you want them to go somewhere else.

Keep it up!

1 Like

Open Now!

Airport:

Saipan International / SPN / PGSN

Runways in Use:

Landing and departing runway 7, use runway 6 for taxi

Airport Charts:

https://flightaware.com/resources/airport/PGSN/ALL/all/pdf

Airport Restrictions:

Do not request runway 6.

Right traffic only due to terrain on the northern side

And closed

Open Now!

Airport:

Martin State Airpark / MTN / KMTN

Runways in Use:

Landing and departing 33

Airport Charts:

https://flightaware.com/resources/airport/KMTN/ALL/all/pdf

Airport Restrictions:

N/A

I’m still open and don’t plan on closing yet. Thank you to all who have stopped by so far! @HeathrowAviatorYT, @PlaneCrazy feedback is appreciated

2 Likes

Hey guys, I’ll be open for another 5 hours or so if anyone wants to stop by!

Hey!

I will DM the Feedback if that is all good with you:)?

Jack

1 Like