Dc10f 10 air tanker

This aircraft is designed for large scale fires, such as bush ones, the tank would usually hold retardant, a pinkish red powder. However they’ve probably not added the retardant affect due to it will be hard to create the particles, and will probably used to troll.

I understand that concept in real life but does it have a purpose in game

No, in the game you can’t drop water.

1 Like

Because it clearly has a switch and an animation

It has an animation of the door just no water can be dropped.

Yea so you can simulate wildland firefighting operations and be a boss when you’re flying around the Western United States.

5 Likes

Interesting although I will say considering the DC-10 is a large plane it would probably need to get going pretty fast to take off Irl because although it doesn’t have a hit box in infinite flight The tank sort of limits you to about 3° On ground

Not really. The end of the tank ends before the gear so you wouldn’t have to do any sort of special maneuvers.

Not in infinite flight

Although I will say that the physics of the ground in Infinite Flight are weird like if there is a hard landing the wheel goes through the ground but you can see the wheel and I feel like the same is happening with the tank so I can’t tell

You are landing too hard then. Busting your nose gear to smitherrines!

5 Likes

If you’re interested in this feature being simulated by way of a weight change in the aircraft’s payload, vote for the feature request here!

3 Likes

It’s more like the back gear when I do short final in solo mode because it starts you out 20 kn too slow

Maybe I flare too late

what??? I’m confused

That would be your main gear ;)

Use some trim and work that throttle then!

I do but I doesn’t help when it starts me about 130kn

Oh unless it’s the crj which starts me way to fast

It’s been real.

Toodles

1 Like