DC-3 Emergency (Spotting at Orly)

Bonjour, IFC!

Seeing that I had a 3 hour pause between classes, I headed to Orly (LFPO) for some planespotting.

It was golden hour, so I was expecting some good shots. However I was not expecting a day as hectic as today.

An Air France A3something I cant tell the A319 and A318 apart hihi
It’s shiny though so that’s good

A Transavia 737

At this point I was waiting for an A330-900 (my goal of the day) but it wasn’t there. What I saw instead was a bunch of wee woo wagons going somewhere and the NEO stuck in the taxiway far away. My goal of the day had the audacity to blow a tire when I came to see it >:(

Here is a non-neo the airline sent hoping to make me happy but I wanted a neo >:((

Here is a RAM 737 shining the taxiway

Here is another RAM 737 with a 50 sticker. I agree. 50 is a nice number.

Here is an Air France A320.
Let me know when you see it 😉

Here is a Vueling A320NEO going to (s)Pain

Anyone got a hedge trimmer?

Not last but least, a Pegasus A321NEO.

Now this is where it gets funky. I turn on LiveATC and a plane is circling, preparing for a low pass due to a stuck landing gear.

As it comes closer, it turns out to be a DC3.
I’ve spotted this one before too :)

I had to go back to class because I want to have a job one day, but here are some shots I got on my way back.

Thank you!

Bye

Robertine

50 Likes

nice pictures! sorry about the a330 neo situation though. D:

1 Like

A319 has smol tail and A318 has big tail

3 Likes

I wish I had an airport near me where you could just go to like a hill or a spotting area. Atlanta is not very plane spotting friendly unless you wanna pay to either go to the parking decks or get a room at the Renaissance Hotel.

3 Likes

This time i was standing on a log (a log that i brought last time and left there) peeking above a concrete wall with a winch to keep barbed wire out of my face

Awesome pics! I hope the pilots were okay

I used to see DC-3, DC-6, and MD-83 in alaska (Everts Air Cargo). They’re in service with Everts and I’m pretty sure there’s actually an MD-80 that flies to San Antonio sometimes (the heck is it doing all the way down here lol, same with Northern Air Cargo 767s, which I didn’t know they have, in Florida)

3 Likes

Atlanta airport is surrounded by roads and highways, so it is a bit hard to do that.

2 Likes

Lmao fair enough

There’s an MD80 that flies to San Antonio?

Ferb, I know what we’re gonna do today

Also, not sure if these fly or not but I see a fedex 727 on the cargo apron whenever I fly out.

4 Likes

Nice shots as always Bobertine

2 Likes

It’s “last but not least” lol. Still great pictures!

1 Like

Meanwhile @moritz chilling on his Besucherhügel

Not in this case

Its not last but its the worst shot 😉

Thank you very much flix

1 Like

That’s what my dad calls me lmao

1 Like

Tbh I’m surprised nobody noticed the fox yet 🙃

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure FedEx donated them to places for education and stuff. I didn’t know they did it to a bunch of other schools too!

There’s actually one on Merrill Field too (yes, an airport with a 5,000 foot runway) 👀

It’s for the local college’s aviation technology department (University of Alaska Anchorage)

3 Likes

3 Likes

That looks like an A320 to me as it has the extra hold door at the back and the double overwing exits (Yes, some A319s also have these, but i don’t believe Air France has this option).

You can see this extra door more clearly on your other Air France A320 picture (The one with the fox)

Nice pictures though.

5 Likes

Awsome. Love the old paint job of royal air maroc

1 Like