DC-10 / MD-11 Takeoff Tutorial

Hey guys!

Well, the long awaited DC-10 and MD-11 update is finally here! With new aircraft comes new flight training video tutorials. In this video, I cover the basics for taking off in the DC-10 and MD-11. Some settings may change depending weight, runway length, etc. This is merely a guide to help everyone know how to takeoff in this amazing aircraft!

Hope this tutorial is helpful! The landing tutorial as well as the landing tutorial will be posted later today.

Happy landings!

73 Likes
Nose gear collapse
250 kn speed violation
KDC10 Refueling altitude/speed?
MD-11/F - DC-10/F Instructional Flight
pinned #2

Thanks so much Mark! I hope people who don’t know how to take off in the MDS and DCS will look at this!

1 Like

thanks for the tutorial cant wait to fly this thing :)

Cool thanks Mark I enjoy watching these even though i can fly just to see them

Nice work Mark, this aircraft will be a next level challenge for the community as the MD-11 is usually a harder aircraft to handle on approach and departure then lets say a 787, this was urgently needed! :)

MD-11F glitch

Great job Mark. I was having troubles taking off with the MD11.

Will definitely watch this, thanks for posting Mark!

Thank You Mark . Such an iconic bird , I remember spotting these beautiful crafts in the 80s . Look forward to flying them all come the iOS update,

Nice tutorial thanks Skyhawk Heavy :)

Thanks Mark. Very informative. Looking forward to flying this beautiful bird .

Didn’t know you needed that much power, I am not surprised by the trim though, amazing really…

1 Like

I can’t acsess the update but others can! How do I download it? It’s not pooping up.

@Aviation_nerd Read the topic I linked above ;)!

1 Like

Thank you I know understand lol, in the next few days/hours

If you squeeze hard enough the update might poop up.

18 Likes

Nice tutorial Mark! Great explanation as always. Will have to practice a bit in Solo to get the hang of the Tri-Holer actually.

1 Like

Thanks for those great tutorials, Mark.

They help a lot refining the technique ;)

1 Like

How can I see my pitch angle?

1 Like

Just an estimate mostly, but the first line over the long line is 5 degrees, next is 10 degrees, and so on.