Day Back on Expert - Horrible

First and foremost, I’ve been somewhat active on the Infinite Flight Community, but not very active on the simulator until today. I’ve seen the occasional topic and complaint about pilots on the Expert Server not being responsible in the ways you should be while on Expert. In all honesty, I thought it would be rare to find someone misbehaving in an environment intended for the utmost realism and professionalism like it was for me back in 2017-2018. However, I was shocked when I spawned in at Geneva Airport for one of my first flights in a while and was greeted with every other plane on the taxiway with strobes and landing lights on. I wasn’t too peeved at first, I think we’ve all been in that situation of not knowing what lights to use at what point, but it was annoying.

From that point of spawning in and observing pilots incorrectly using their lights, it seemed like I was hearing “Please follow ATC instructions” and “Please check the forum for assistance using ATC” almost a couple times a minute. Didn’t think much, just continued pushback and taxi procedure as normal.

My biggest problem came when I started taxiing. There was a huge line of aircraft and I needed to get into it. I was fine waiting until the very end of the line so I could get in, I was in no rush. I was planning to give way to any aircraft, and ATC sent me a message telling me to, just for confirmation. The problem came when an aircraft was told to give way to me to allow me to get into line. They completely disregarded me and the ATC’s command and sped up so I couldn’t get in line. There was also another incident within 5 minutes where an aircraft was told to go around multiple times and didn’t. At this point, the airport was a circus and I just wanted to get out.

I’ve heard so many other stories similar to mine and this is crazy. There are two entirely different servers dedicated to people who aren’t ready to be 100% professional and realistic, yet they choose Expert to ruin other people’s experience. Please, if you aren’t ready, don’t go on Expert. I applaud the Air Traffic Controllers who have to put up with this, especially during FNF’s and large events. I also applaud all the pilots who actually try to be professional and mature on the server, and the staff at Infinite Flight who deal with the probably countless complaints.

I cannot wait to see what happens tomorrow. I departed Abu Dhabi en route to LAX, so whoever is controlling over there, good luck.

I truly love Infinite Flight, but people are ruining the experience of this perfect simulator by going onto the Expert Server and not being able to be professional.

54 Likes

Completely in agreement, It has frankly gotten ridiculous…

12 Likes

Exactly I feel you

5 Likes

Expert server in such times is just a circus with plenty of clowns. The Expert Server is slowly losing its glory. I don’t think what you experienced would have happened in ideal conditions. Sorry for your experience.

12 Likes

To be honest, the black sheeps arn’t on the IFC, or is not active. If all of them are, probably Expert will really be Expert once again.

4 Likes

It was simple way to busy on LSGG yesterday. I think most of the people actually want realism, but most just don’t know exactly everything. And you Ofcourse got the people that for some reason are always in a rush (while they are playing a game lmao)

2 Likes

With the steady increase in pilots across the board, especially with people staying home with COVID, the amount of unprofessional expert server pilots have obviously increased. There’s not much we can do about it, because most of the grade 3 requirements are easily farmable and increasing them would just delay the unprofessional pilots from arriving and increase the wait for more professional pilots. I avoided Geneva today as I knew it would be a disaster considering the small, one runway layout being used as a hub. Hubs can be very fun to fly into when they are larger airports, like KDEN last week or KLAX today. I would highly recommend avoiding smaller hubs like this. Not much we can do as community members other than advise those on the community on what not to do and increase our numbers over at IFATC to help coordinate these messes better.

8 Likes

When I see wrong lights being used I try to keep them out of my view lol

3 Likes

To help the new pilots out we should behave well, and hopefully they copy.

3 Likes

Exactly that might work

1 Like

I do agree, but don’t you think there has been enough complaints about Expert Server being bad?

4 Likes

Very good advice thank you. It’s unfortunate Expert server has basically become a place where you’re recommended to not go to large hubs when busy.

2 Likes

One thing is, once ATC leaves, anarchy ensues. I experienced it first hand and sad to say that even pilots with tags like IFAE as well as Grade 4s and 5s contributed in messing up the experience of other pilots.

4 Likes

Which then IF loses if we can’t go to the big hubs… The reason why IF is better is because IF has global and huge Multiplayer system.

2 Likes

No, that’s not the case, this HUB was simple to small. When we can control with multiple people, we can enforce ghosting better. For this we need a bigger airport. The airport was simple to small.

2 Likes

Back when I first started playing in 2018 there weren’t necessarily big hubs for the region days except for FNF and featured event days. Granted a lot of the times there isn’t even a designated hub in the IFATC schedule the first pilots scheduling their long hauls sorta dictate it, though this didn’t really use to happen. Not sure what’s the best thing to do about that, but I think we could benefit from just featuring airports and not highlighting any of them, unless the ATC day has a theme.

3 Likes

I’ve heard lots of rumors of people putting that in their names to look affiliated, very sad.

2 Likes

Please do not hunk of this as a normal day on Expert! Geneva was chaos yesterday because of how small it was and wasn’t chosen badly! Normally it is really good and taxi’s are not that long! Hope yesterday does not shape your opinion!
Cign :D

2 Likes

Please don’t drag IFAE into this due to their exclusiveness they have a lot of fake pilots!
Happy Flying :D
Cign

2 Likes

I don’t think they will be giving 1 runway airports ATC anymore after today

3 Likes