David_Mullen’s ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @N/A

I’m preparing for the IFATC practical exam. Please come by when I’m open and throw the works at me — Ground conflicts, pattern work, transitions, runway changes, go-arounds, etc.

Thanks,

David…

3 Likes

How long will you be open for , I may come in an bit.

1 Like

An hour and 15 min.

2 Likes

Feedback from N17EE

Flawless.

• Good on anticipating that I would need to cross the runway in order to get to parking.

• Good on giving the exit runway command , even though I didn’t call for full stop.

• Sequencing , Clearing , Transition was all good.

You would ace your practical , have an nice rest of your day !

2 Likes

Thanks for flying, and thanks for the words of encouragement.

2 Likes

No problem.

1 Like

CYVR session now closed. . .

1 Like

Airport: KAUS

Server: Training

Purpose: Ground/Tower workout for upcoming practical exam — Ground work, pattern work, transitions, runway changes, go arounds, etc.

Aircraft: pilot’s choice

Runways: 35L, 35R

1 Like

Thanks for the service! 👋 Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Callsign: G-USMN

Feedback

• Transition was perfect

• My first inbound req: Correct pattern entry “LDW” however you forgot to give me traffic direction with the clearance

• You were handling runway changes in a correct manner (Pattern Entry followed by Clearance with direction)

• I was given “Exit runway Instr” in timely manner

• After exiting the runway I simply requested to taxi, My intentions were to taxi back again to the runway, you gave me “taxi to parking” There was some misunderstanding there and you asked me to say intentions so I requested “ready to taxi to runway xx” to be clear. Its alright altogether but pay attention to what pilot wants next time :)

• OO-LXV were in your airspace now and requested inbound for T&G. Nice you fit me in before them, it was very efficient.

• Onces again you made an error for inbound traffic, you forgot to give OO-LXV traffic direction with their clearance.

• You were falling apart after that and made more mistakes. OO-LXV was on final and I was turning crosswind. You sequenced them behind me and they were re-cleared as well which made no sense at all.

• When OO-LXV was going around you sequenced them with “LDW” which was incorrect. Should have been “RDW”

Thats all from me. It wasn’t too bad but watch out for these mistakes I have mentioned above. Thanks for your service. Shoot me a PM if you have any questions :)

Correct me if I’m wrong, but as a pilot irl, I believe if they don’t give you pattern information with your clearance, you’re just supposed to do the same as you did last time. Let’s be honest, if every lap around the pattern you had to hear, “Clear touch and go runway 35L, on departure make left traffic.” It would get a bit annoying and repetitive. Basically just do what you did last time unless told otherwise. Just my 2 cents.

Well as an IFATC member I am just following what ATC manual says. Inbounds & Runway Change require traffic direction with initial clearance after that not needed.

1 Like

Okay that makes sense. I know IFATC does differ from real world in some aspects

2 Likes

Thanks to all! I will sift through the comments.

Airport: KDAL

Purpose: Ground/Tower workout for upcoming practical exam — Ground work, pattern work, transitions, runway changes, go arounds, etc.

Runways: 13L, 13R

Hey great ATC session.

Transition was on point.
My departure and arrival was also smooth.
It felt like I was in a expert server.
Great service.

Note: I am not a IFATC yet so my advice is shouldn’t be taken at that level.

1 Like

Thanks @MKT for flying and the feedback! This was a great workout for me. Good luck on your IFATC journey.

David…

1 Like

Airport: KEUG

Runways: 16L,16R

I’m coming.

Is there too much crosswind? That TBM was rocking and rolling.

Sorry I missed the exit rwy.