Dash 8 Turning On TakeOff

Yes, I’m aware of this. But the plane will make a sudden 20 degree turn. Not a slight one.

Yes that’s fine, but when I’m taking off in 0 wind conditions, ailerons shouldn’t be necessary

If your controls are calibrated and you takeoff manually, then you shouldn’t be veering left or right during take off. If there’s a crosswind, the aircraft will turn to face into the wind. You need to use the rudder to keep the aircraft flying straight.

It’s probably over correcting initially. Simplest solution is to do what is done in real life - take off manually.

3 Likes

Yes, and I just can’t seem to stay straight on the runway

it also happens to me but use rudder and during wind conditions you may use spoilers too. Always remember to tilt your device to slide your aircraft down the runway. Hope this helps!

https://community.infiniteflight.com/t/pilot-tutorial-guide/172915/2

Perhaps, I’ll try it and see :-)

Can you get a video of it happening?

I did did a flight on solo with:

• Dash 8
  • Winds 0
  • 20% positive trim
  • flaps 10.

I calibrated on the runway and increased throttle. I did not touch my device at all and it went perfectly straight and rotated on its own (thanks to the trim).

3 Likes

I don’t have the energy to do a video now, but I’ll follow all the advice I’ve got and see if I can correct the issue. It’s weird, because I don’t have the issue on any other aircraft

1 Like

The other thing to notice is that when you spawn, wait a few seconds before your enable the heading in AP. The system takes a few seconds to calibrate your heading and you may be pressing it before it is calibrated.

You may notice the heading indicator change numbers a few seconds after spawning.

Tried something similar myself, taking off manually with zero wind, flaps 10 but didn’t touch the trim. No issues to report.

This is because the Dash 8 uses propellers for thrust, and props always have a pull in the direction that the props are turning toward (dash 8’s rotate clockwise so toward the right). The Dash 8’s props turn the same direction so you are always going to be pulled in one direction. The Dash 8s props turn to the 8 so you will always get pulled toward the right so use left rudder to fight this. The amount of rudder you use will depend on the winds and how much thrust you are using

2 Likes

At no point in IF should spoilers be used during takeoff. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

5 Likes

At no point

3 Likes

Maybe you are too heavy or your speed is too slow.

Please google for prop torque

Make sure your aren’t taking off at 200+ knots in a small plane like a CRJ or Dash-8. They will every to the right or left due to speed.

Have a look at this

Just did the same and like you it behaved perfectly.

I tried again with a 15 knots 90deg crosswind. Took a lot of rudder (more than most other planes for sure) but it was fine.

2 Likes

You have to go to settings and uncheck
Auto coordination
I think that should do it

1 Like