Dash-8 Q400 or Dash 8-Q400?

I just saw that on the list of planes to choose from, the Dash is written: “Bombardier Dash 8-Q400”. Then I looked on the home page where it shows you your selected plane and it said “Bombardier Dash-8 Q400”. Just thought I would point that out even if it was already mentioned.

2 Likes

Yet again, I don’t understand how people find stuff like this.

9 Likes

Well it’s probably to remind you what was the last aircraft you used, just in case if you forget.

No not that, there are two different ways they wrote it: Dash-8 Q400 and Dash 8-Q400 @TheRedeemer

Whoops maybe an error during coding.

Dash 8-Q400

4 Likes

I would say Dash-8 Q400…

1 Like

Bombardier Q400

Or

Dash 8 Q400

1 Like

The Q400 variant does not actually use the name “Dash 8.” While it is a model of the Dash 8, it is technically the “Bombardier Q400.”

2 Likes

This topic was just to point out a flaw in the way the devs wrote the Q400 two different ways @AR_AR @CaptainHarlan

1 Like

I got that! ☺ I was just pointing out what it should be if they decided to fix it.

2 Likes

Dash 8-Q400

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

According to Wikipedia the right use is Dash 8-Q400.
Because we can say DHC8.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The Dash 8 part is not officially used, though.

Incorrect, the original 400 series went by “DHC-8-400.” Including hyphens exactly that way. The Q400 is not called the DHC-8, though, it’s only called the Bombardier Q400.

Not that this is really important, however the correct way of writing is ‘Dash 8-Q400’, ‘Bombardier Dash 8-Q400’ is therefore the correct name. And ‘DH8D’ is the ICAO identifier.

1 Like

Nope. 😛 lol, sorry man.

You must know a lot about this aircraft…

2 Likes