Daniel_Steinman’s Radar Tracking Thread - [PASSED!] @ N/A

A warm hello to my fellow IFC members! 👋

I have passed and officially became a part of the IFATC Officer Team!
Thank you to everyone who has made this journey possible!

Cheers! ❤️

5 Likes

Update: Session scheduled for tomorrow, your attendance would be greatly appreciated! :)

I am open for business! Feel free to tag along for some nice Brazilian scenery!

Session Tags

@Marina @Renan @BAK_UOV @SPEEDBIRD101 @SierraHotel

Thank you so much in advance to the pilots who participate! :)
Cheers to a great session!

2 Likes

How long will you stay open?

1 Like

As long as needed! :)

1 Like

Will try & stop by in a few mins.

1 Like

Thanks man! I appreciate it!

1 Like

Sorry for changing approach type. Good response.

1 Like

Oops. Crashed due to terrain. I think you got distracted by United. Should have turned me earlier or a little later. Will respawn & come in. No worries.

1 Like

No worries!

Yea, was wondering what he was doing lol. No problemo, thanks so much!

All good on my end! Just try to be more careful with terrain as I was close to a terrain bust on base.

1 Like

Thanks for joining mate! Any recommendations on what the best option would be for that type of “shortcutted ILS”, I have a session in about 3 hours lol

You could have simply let me on the DW at an altitude of 5000ft and then turned me after the peak on base. The short ILS worked out fine though :)

1 Like

Noted. Thanks so much for coming!

1 Like

G-USMN

GPS - Nice work on reverse clearance after MA
ILS - Terrain bust on base, clearance was abit late, I ended up having continuous final turn.
Vis - No issues, great job

1 Like

Roger, thanks for the feedback and Thanks so much for coming!

Be careful of a hill near the end of the cone as it could cause a bust. If youve not worked on terrain earlier, I would suggest selecting a simpler airport. Here, you need to turn me earlier or extend the downwind till I’m past the hill

1 Like

Looking at terrain map, IMO using RDW for rwy 10 ILS app, looks easier than LDW

2 Likes

Yup I’ve prepared for the session but one of my goals for the session was to practice shortcutted approaches, I have a session in about 3 hours but I’ll probably use the extended dw with 5000 for the future