Dangerous weather situations in Solo mode.

Here’s a fun topic I just came up with today, while sitting around thinking about a post that isn’t too specific and which can create an intresting discussion in the general forum. Whenever I play infinite flight(solo mode) I create many dangerous situations or scenarios that test out my reaction time and what I would do if these scenarios would happen in the live server. I would tests Boeing planes, airbuses, small aircrafts such as the Cessna or even the globemaster😂😂. These situations would include the rudder glitch which keeps your rudder in place after moving it in one direction and then going to the menu, settting the turbulence to severe to create dangerous situations(Its gonna get very bumpy for the passengers), not putting enough fuel in which I ran out of fuel during a flight and needed to glide to the nearest airport (every calculation must be spot on or may you forever Rest In Peace). Another annoying or painful one could be the wind velocity and the direction in which the wind is blowing, as this could effect your yoke(direction in which you steer the plane). It also comes down to the aircraft you’re flying, and let’s not forget about landing without your gears option(that’s my favourite).All these scenarios can create tons of fun for those who are playing on solo mode or are looking to test somethings out.

Happy flying✈️😃
Speedbird

imageimageimage

Note:These photos were found on google😂. Just type in planes found in turbulence,thunderstorms and the quotes is also related to turbulence, just say turbulence quotes.

1 Like

If those aren’t your photos please give credits.

What I try to do in solo is windy and foggy landings. Obviously with no ils

3 Likes

I struggle real hard with foggy landings. If it is anything under 1 km visibility then I’m probably a goner. Thanks for the feedback and positive criticism and have a nice day🙂

1 Like

I like to test the C172. I put the wind all the way up against me and takeoff! It is really fun.

2 Likes

Amazingly I only found out about this tip a few weeks ago and not before.
You might consider this as cheating, but it sometimes is the only way to land safely. What you do is you look at the line in the middle at the bottom of your screen to check if you’re aligned with the runway. To check the altitude you can look at the little arrow to the right next to the altitude.
That is using ils without actually having autopilot on.

2 Likes

After global, you can adjust winds up to 99kts or so, so I enjoy doing vertical takeoffs in Cessnas 😂.
Also, I like to do practical scenarios, e.g. low visibility landings. Of course, the occasional simulated engine failure is fun as well.

1 Like

Try a Cirrus SR22 and put a 99kt headwind. Interesting stuff.

1 Like

With that I even do vertical landings with the 747😂
You go at -90c* and there you go a 747 helicopter!

1 Like

Yea, you won’t need a Runway there xD

2 Likes

It’s worse when your flying in a 747, and you cut two engines. All you can do is watch in horror as your airspeed decreases and you hear the stall message audio play😂😂

Yeah, very true. The 744 is an ungainly beast, to say the least, even with all 4 engines…

1 Like

It’s horrible with any plane. I tried cutting two engines on the 737 Ryanair (for obvious reasons) and it just looked like a rock falling down to the ground

1 Like

That plane never loved me😂😂

1 Like

I like testing out approach speeds and flap settings with the “short final” spawn feature. I try to switch up the weather settings as well to see the AC best performance speed with crosswinds and headwinds as well. After about 10 attempts, you start to see the difference when you land. I do this with every new AC that comes out.

2 Likes

I love to simulate snowy conditions. I personally love when it snows, and planes look way cooler in that environment in my opinion. I especially like to test the CRJ in low vis + cold conditions landing at a place like KASE. I’m so excited for that update, so I’ve been working on finessing my landings, as I plan to fly the CRJ a ton.

1 Like

Who doesn’t love snow😂🤣

Thanks for the feedback on this topic…It seems like this topic won’t be getting anymore feedback for a while so the moderators can sadly close this topic.

Well, I have a problem. even if it fogs 100 meters, it never appears. It always looks clear and several kilometers away. How do you do it?

1 Like

I also had that problem, but how I solved it was by spawning in an airport that had the visibility low and the by changing it in the settings. I also restarted my iPad and made sure I was connected to the internet. Hope this helped.

1 Like

This is not a dangerous real life situation but it’s something I like to do with the weather. Get a 767 on the runway, face a 100 knot dead on headwind, set fuel to as low as you can get it without running out, flaps on 30, full throttle the engines, and go straight up.