Dangerous Approaches PT. 1: Toncontin Intl. Airport (Tegucigalpa) | Time Lapse

Hello IFC! Today I have the first episode of my new series “Dangerous/Beautiful Approaches” for you! The first episode takes us to Toncontin Intl. Airport which is famous for its insanely hard approach due to a very late and sharp turn just before the runway. I hope you enjoy and I would love feedback, especially since it’s the first episode! Cheers!

22 Likes

Probably slightly to low during the final turn, but very well down landing right on the marks. Great scenery all around as well. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Thanks mate! I followed the heights given in the APPR in IF and I assume they were the minimum altitudes in the original charts.
Anyways thanks for your feedback!

1 Like

Yeah, all looked really good height wise, and probably that last turn which looked to low is supposed to be that way (could well be considering that terrain).
———
I especially liked that you had the wing view and also the cockpit view which is very impressive for sure!

1 Like

Yup maybe I got a bit too low in the end because I definitely didn’t want a late touchdown on such a short rwy… Regarding the views, I tried to give a “passenger feeling” with the wing view, but in my opinion only the cockpit view really shows the sharp turn

1 Like

Both very true. I have to admit I tend to watch some of my landing in replay from the wing view, so that was a much appreciated sight from an area of the world I rarely venture into :)

1 Like

Yeah especially in this times

1 Like

Amazing flying, I will definitely have to have a go at landing there.

1 Like

Thanks mate! It’s definitely a very fun approach! Stay tuned for more episodes for even cooler ones!

1 Like