D-Day WW2 Memorial Flypast @ EGKB - 091900ZJUN16

I will be around for this

Good, hope fully there will be enough of us to make it a nice flight.

1 Like

I need to get some more experience so I can join things like this, looks fun!

@drewa9 dosent matter about experiance, come along anyways the p-38 is the easier of the two to fly so come in that.

I’ll set a reminder to try and join if I am slow at work.

Please do would be great to see you there.

Thanks for the invitation! You can count with a Spitfire as your wingman. Call sign MF2.
Blue skies :)

2 Likes

Thanks to all who turned up👍. Sadly my wifi went on the way back but I watched you all land and then got back up and get her down.

2 Likes

Nice fly in. Need more of these ww2 planes flying around en-masse!

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thank you all for the great flight!!!
I find it awesome to be flying together from every place in the world and sharing fun and passion.
Happy landings :)

1 Like

You need a tutorial on takeoff too…it ain’t no picnic !!!

1 Like

Here’s some shots from the flight, well done to all who came along and thank you.

3 Likes

It sure ain’t but the more we do the better we should get?

2 Likes

Touche !!!.. as far as l am concerned it is about as hard to land in the beginning as the F22…until you allow for the tail dragging problem…but the takeoff is like nothing else…kudos to all the Brits in WWII who mastered it in and out of combat…

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking and after most of us, myself included struggled a little last night I’m going to do a full tutorial on the spit over the weekend. I don’t want to take anything from @Narroc_Wim whos tutorial certainly thought me the basics and got me going in the spit. But I feel a full tutorial including take off and cross winds was long overdue. I’ll get a written one up followed by some vids in the next few days so watch this space.

Sorry I couldn’t make it! Was busy at work.

1 Like

I will be doing the tutorial tonigh so fingers crossed ill have it on here later on. im aiming for a full take off and full landings with both wind and no wind. I hope it will help a couple of you out.

I’ve done a writen tutorial, hopefully it will help. I just need somebody to move to the tutorials topic for me

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.