D-Day Remembrance flight EAF

Shots from a Remembrance Flight yesterday for the 75th Anniversary of the D-Day landings June 6th in Normandy, France.

The route included flybys of the beaches, Caen, Pegasus bridge and Portsmouth. Very nice flight!

Event was organized by GAF-EAF

IFAE EAF Lt. Gen.@B4ND1T departing Brize

Aircraft C-130

Route:

Server: Expert

Flight time: Around 1 hour 40 minutes

Photos:

47 Likes

Sadly I couldnโ€™t participate with you but Iโ€™ll never forget that some fought hands in hands to liberate France ๐Ÿ‘

9 Likes

Gorgeous pics mate @Andre_S ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

1 Like

Looks great.

1 Like

Thanks Frank! Thank you for leading and organizing this flight ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜€

2 Likes

Very wonderful pictures, I like very much.

1 Like

Thank you! I appreciate it

More to come tonight my friend! The American sector ๐Ÿ˜‰

1 Like

EYYYYYYYY

Brize Norton is my nearest airfield. I often go spotting there.

4 Likes

Itโ€™s the home airbase we use for our heavies mateโ€ฆ same as in real life with the RAF ๐Ÿ˜‰

This looked like a great flight but what makes it even better is the meaning actually behind it honoring those who lost their lives or served on D-Day. Great photos.

5 Likes

Weโ€™re going again today but this time to the American sector ๐Ÿ˜‰ welcome to join inโ€ฆ departure time 1700 zulu from EGVN on the Expert Server.

2 Likes

This is amazing!!

2 Likes

Stunning pictures. I love the C-130H. My favourite IF aircraft too fly. I think I would love to join in a formation like this one day. Very well done.

1 Like

Looks great! Awesome pictures and what a meaningful flight. Never forget the brave men that stormed the beaches and parachuted on to them 75 years ago today.

2 Likes

Departure time is now for anyone wanting to joinโ€ฆ sorry guys ๐Ÿ˜‰ @infiniteflight_17 @Michael_O_Sullivan

If only we had the planes to do pearl harbor

2 Likes

Yeah, wouldnโ€™t mind having the P40 Warhawk, F4F Wildcat and the T6 Texan etc ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

2 Likes

Wow amazing!

Good job team!

We will always remember๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ

4 Likes

This photos are awesome :)๐Ÿ‘ I wish I could have joined

2 Likes