Czech Airlines A220-300

Czech Airlines A220 Render - Airbus Newsroom

Czech Airlines (CSA - České Aerolinie) is the fifth oldest airline in the world. With a 97 year legacy, it’s a well-established operator, as well as the flag carrier of the Czech Republic. Its primary hub is the Václav Havel Airport in Prague, and it operates mostly regional to short-haul flights around Europe and the Middle East.

After being fairly financially stable around the 2000s the airline entered a long period of economic decline, where it eventually sold off most of its fleet - all of their A310s, A321s and most of their A320s and A319s, so their current fleet only consists of 2 A319s, 1 A320 and 1 B737-800, as well as 5 ATR-72s. (Wikipedia).

After spending most of the first decade and the first half of the second decade of the 21st century in red numbers, Czech Airlines have finally been recording constant profits since 2016, and in March 2019 they announced a plan to replace and retire their current fleet of A319s and ATR-72s, and in October 2019 they announced an order for 6 A220-300 and 3 A321XLR.

Whilst Czech Airlines aren’t a big airline, nor are they a current operator of the A220, they are an airline with a large legacy, serving the heart of Europe. We have no Czech Airlines aircraft in Infinite Flight, and I believe the A220 would be a great place to start changing that.

One more thing to consider should the CSA A220 be added is that Czech Airlines has recently unveiled a new livery on OK-HEU, their A320, but the changes from the previous livery are small. Mainly, the logo now covers all of the vertical stabiliser. See 4th reply for a reference shot.

–Jakub

Since the list of liveries for the real A220 isn’t really big yet, this livery will definitely find its place in IF with A220 addition!

3 Likes

Yeah, that was my line of thought as well. The list of airlines already operating the A220 is really short, so I think it’d be very cool if this made it in.

4 Likes

Yes, but I also think there’s a small issue. I faced it when Aeroflot’s A350 livery was added. It was performed in the old type, whereas in real life it received an updated design. Let’s hope that they won’t offset from the concept above!

2 Likes

Actually, thanks for pointing that out. Czech Airlines recently unveiled a new livery on OK-HEU, their only A320.

However, as you can see, the changes are fairly small. The red logo covering all of the vertical stabiliser is the main difference. There might have also been a slight tweak in the colour, but I’m not sure on that. Either way, since they just announced this “redesign” this summer I doubt there’s going to be a new one by the time the A220 enters service. But you’re right, it could happen.

3 Likes

You got my vote! It would be really cool to see this and finally have a Czech livery in IF.

4 Likes

Likewise, you have mine.

We’ve waited too long for a Czech livery to make its way into IF, now is the time for it to come!

2 Likes

If we get this livery, I would love flying from/to Czech Republic 🇨🇿

3 Likes

Its a shame we dont have Czech Airlines in the game yet…

2 Likes