CYYZ Spotting- Vietnam Airlines 2nd Repatriation Flight

On Monday June 15 2020, Vietnam Airlines operated their 2nd repatriation flight to Toronto Pearson. On this flight they used their Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner, Registration VN-A879 a 10 Month old aircraft.

Date: June 15 2020
Location: CYYZ Toronto Pearson, Convair drive at the 06L Threshold
Time: 0700-1400 EDT
Camera: Canon T6 Rebel, Canon EF 75-300mm Lens

Arriving over runway 06R

Taxiing down C and D for a 06R departure

Lined up for runway 06R

While I was at YYZ on Monday there was some other rare aircraft to Toronto

21 Air US arriving from TTPP Port of Spain- Reg. N999YV Boeing 767-200

Turkish Cargo arriving from KJFK

Soon to be rare Air Canada retro TCA Airbus 319

Raglan Glencore Corporation Boeing 737-200 Combi. These planes are the workhorses of the Canadian arctic, being equipped with a gravel kit they operate into the mines in Northern Canada.

While not an airplane, there are many vehicles that are needed to make an airport run. Here is Pearson’s newest A.R.F.F. vehicle, a Rosenbauer Panther call sign Red 5. This is there 2nd of the type.

For more of my aviation photos, check out my Twitter:
https://twitter.com/Mike116119

19 Likes

Wow, awesome photos! And so many rare planes too, amazing catch!

Thanks, I had only planned on going to shot the Vietnam plane, but due to Covid there have been some unusual visitors.

1 Like

If only that was CLT, lol 😂. The only special visitor we’ve had is a World Atlantic MD-80 (still amazing though). But we always have the normal CRJ, ERJ, CRJ, A320 routine most of the time.

Well my home airport of CYXU has had 1 daily Westjet Encore Dash 8 flight. Sometimes we get a diversion from CYHM when they have low fog. Wish I didn’t have to drive for 2 hours for all of these.

1 Like

Great photos! What a lovely livery, Vietnam’s livery. I like all the other catches too. I actually saw the Air Canada retro a few years back at LAX!

Thanks. I’m happy I got the retro since it is included in the A319 retirement.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.