CYYZ Spotting Pt. 2 10-26-18

Hey IFC and spotters,
Happy Friday! Here is part two of my four part spotting post from Toronto Pearson last weekend. The second day I went spotting for about 11 hours, and took 400 photos. Included are some of the best shots (heavies especially). Most of these were taken of aircraft landing on runway 05.
One small note is that I started using some Photoshop to edit shots, IMO it makes it look sharper because of the HDR, so the shots probably look different.

First is an American A319, aka the baby bus (the A318 is the premature baby bus)

AA%20A319
Air Canada Rouge B763 rolling by, about to take off on runway 6L

OE-LAT, an Austrian 767-300ER landing on 05 from Vienna

Cathay 777-300ER landing 05

A Dutch queen (my fav!) landing on 05

WestJet Encore Q400 looking good with the blades spinnin’!

Air Canada Express DH8A, one of my favorite photos because of the nice light

Air Transat A330-300, seemingly landing on two buildings

Hainan 787-9, surprisingly looking at bit dirty despite being so new

Finally, last but not least, a private 767-300ER, while it does not look amazing it probably was the rarest catch of the day

Thank you guys for your continued support! I will probably post two more sections from this spotting trip, as like I said I got so many shots.
Hope you enjoyed the photos!

43 Likes

You NEED to get an IG! Great shots!

4 Likes

Thank you very much, I have been considering getting a spotting IG for a while, but that takes a lot of time to keep track of…

1 Like

Hello, you have 12 photos on this topic, I believe it is limited to 10 photos.

1 Like

Quality photos, Isaac!

2 Likes

These photos are incredible! I can’t wait to see more!

1 Like

I just love all Air Transat liveries, and that shot was amazing! Great job again.

1 Like

Great shots, well done.

1 Like

OK, I will pick two to delete…

1 Like

Alright these are beautifully sharp shots, like @Cbro4 said you should get an IG for your pictures! Also, did you shoot these with the 75-300?

2 Likes

Thank you! I did shoot these with the 75-300, a very useful and all-purpose lens IMO.

1 Like

@LachyRobertson @Dylan_M @EthanT2 @hi15td thank you guys! I appreciate your kind words!

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, what would you call the “range” on a 75-300? Because we are rather far from the runway at KPIT, but I want those money landings, do you think that would be enough?

Our range

Taken with an IPad, no zoom, 767 for scale…

3 Likes

I don’t own one but I can tell you that you will probably need something longer, and no matter how long your lens it from that distance the heat haze both from distance and from the engines will ruin your shot. I’ve tried shooting shots like that from about half a km away and the heat haze even under 50 degree weather conditions renders the shot useless.

1 Like

Have to agree with @AndrewWu, getting good shots from that angle would be hard from the distance that you are at, the only time it might produce usable shots would be during cold weather with low heat haze. Is there any way to get any closer than that?

1 Like

These are incredible, and the lighting is perfect. Great shots!

1 Like

WOAH. Those are some amazing quality pictures.

2 Likes

OMG what camera do you use!? I really hope the iPad Pro can beat it or I’ll be sad lol

Not even my iPhone 7 can take something remotely this clean looking sooo…

Awesome shots man! Keep it up

1 Like

@Plnelovr @VAnuj Thank you!
@CR3W I use my Canon EOS Rebel SL1, with a Canon 75-300 lens. While both are kind of beginner-ish on the quality spectrum, they both get the job don for me. I would be surprised if you can get a phone or ipad picture looking this good tbh, they are not made for taking long-range shots…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.