CYYZ Spotting | 25-06-19

Hello IFC!

Today I went plane spotting at Toronto Lester B. Person Int’l Airport. It was a nice warm day with a lot of arrivals! I was at Runway 23 using a Canon Powershot SX520 HS. It’s quite an old camera.

Westjet Boeing 737-7CT (C-FXWJ)

IMG_0364

Cessna 680 (C-FDNA)

Air Canada Airbus A320-214 (C-GKOE)

Air Canada Express Bombardier Dash 8 - 301 (C-GKTA)

Air Canada Express Bombardier Dash 8 - 102 (C-GKON)

Cessna 750 Citation X (N15TZ)

How Would You Rate These Pictures?

0 voters

Which Picture Was Your Favorite?

0 voters

Hope you enjoyed these pictures! :)

28 Likes

@AndrewWu Thoughts?

2 Likes

Hey! I hope you don’t mind, but I edited one of your photos to give you an idea of what you could do :)

12 Likes

Yeah. This is my first time posting in the #real-world-aviation:spotting so I was just trying to find good pics :) I’ll edit the pictures when I post my next plane spotting session.

1 Like

Very cool photos. Toronto is my favorite airport

1 Like

Cool! CYYZ is my home airport too!

1 Like

Nice to see another YYZ spotter around these parts ✌️.

You’ve got some nice shots here! Especially the one of GKTA, that’s a sick angle.

If I were to give you one suggestion, try to position yourself between the sun and the aircraft so you’re not shooting backlit.

4 Likes

Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Also, If you want to learn some interesting ways to edit photos, research ETTR (Expose To The Right) and ETTL (Expose To The Left).

I good example of someone that utilizes these is OneMoreWeekToGo. His photo’s are quite the stunners!

2 Likes

Wow! His pictures are nice! (I’m still sort of new to plane spotting). Trying to get the right settings on my camera ;)

1 Like

I’m going to add onto this and say that you almost never want to use ETTR. If you’re overexposing something on purpose you’re setting yourself up for blur (if you compromised shutter speed) or grain (if you compromised ISO). ETTL you only want to use if it’s dark out, otherwise there’s no need and especially if you aren’t shooting RAW on a DSLR you aren’t going to want to do it because you’ll end up not being able to recover your photos and you’ll introduce a ton of grain.

3 Likes

Thanks Again!

Happy Birthday BTW!

1 Like

Wow those are some great photos!

1 Like

I’ll be spotting here in a month on the 1st August

1 Like

Cool! It’s an amazing airport! For the most heavies, go to Runway 23 (Where I took these pictures).

2 Likes

Nice. I’ll be flying in (cant remember dates) between 1st and 20th August on either a 777 or 787 from EGLL to CYYZ, then a plain A320 (dammit 737 MAX) CYYZ to CYYC, then another flight from CYYC to EGLL I believe a 787. All Air Canada. Cant wait.

1 Like

that is not a Q400 it is a Q100

1 Like

Which picture?

Don’t worry I fixed it :)

1 Like

Should I make another CYYZ spotting topic?

• Yes!
  • No

0 voters

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.