CYYC Spotting Gallery - Canadian Plane Spotting

Hello community, I’m back with more spotting posts! This is gonna be one that I update every once in a while, so check back to see if there’s any new photos!

August 13th, 2017

!
Air Transat A330-200 arriving from LGW

KLM A330-300 arriving from AMS

Air Canada B787-8 arriving from YYZ

August 15th, 2017

!
The tail of an An124 parked up

An124 taxiing onto the apron for parking

September 2nd, 2017

!
KLM B787-9 taxiing out to 17L for departure!

Air Transat arrives while WestJet departs!

Kalitta Air B747 landing with some horses on board! Btw this is a charter and not standard schedule.

Hainan Airlines smoking the mains upon arrival!

September 3rd, 2017

JAL chartered a B777-300ER today!

Parked at the nicest gate ever!

September 13th, 2017

Yesterday a Norwegian B787-9 diverted here due to a medical emergency. I was lucky enough to catch the departure! Here’s some of my shots.

Both beacon shots. What do you think?

All photos are taken using a Nikon D5100 with a 55-300mm lens unless otherwise noted.

44 Likes

great shots! I love the KLM 330 and the Air Canada 787.

3 Likes

Last image hasn’t uploaded :)

EDIT works now

3 Likes

Thanks @RTG113! And yeah I noticed @Insertusernamehere it’s been fixed. Thanks for pointing it out lol

4 Likes

Where do you spot? By McKnight off Runway 35L?

3 Likes

I myself have never been to Canada, but these pictures just reflect exactly what I thought the atmosphere and looks around a Canadian Airport would be like. - I don’t know why…

Some nice shots, would of loved to be there!

2 Likes

Love them!! Does Air Transat still operate A310’s?

2 Likes

Nice! Love the 787-8 picture. YYZ-YYC on AC788 written down for global!

3 Likes

@DreamlinerXWB these were taken from the dirt hill on 17L and the south end Marriott hotel on 35R

@Luke Thanks man! Come to Canada it’s great

@HEYEY Thank you! Yeah, Transat still operates A310’s but we only see them during the winter time

@nicochile2 YYZ-YYC is for sure on my list. Thanks for the compliments!

6 Likes

Thanks for the info :D

2 Likes

Wow, this is beautiful!

2 Likes

Ah gotcha. Thanks for the info. And I’ve seen the KLM 777 Pride livery and WestJet 767 on one day while at the airport.

2 Likes

You got an An124! Nice catch, I’ve personally never seen one in real life.

2 Likes

Thank you @iheartplanes1212!

@DreamlinerXWB if you live in Calgary we should meet up sometime. DM me :)

@PlaneCrazy Thanks! I wasn’t expecting it until this morning when FR24 told me there was an A124 coming in. Also, not to brag, but this is my 6th An124 😉

3 Likes

@MacGamer04 where did you go to get those shots? I stood over by the water tower and wasn’t getting great shots from there

2 Likes

Nice shots. Hope to see more from you, I see potential!

2 Likes

Great pics ! Love the AirTransat a330, that livery suits the aircraft very well. I’ve seen AirTransat down here in FLL but their 737.
IMG_1083

2 Likes

@Jake_Stopher there’s a hill by the end of 17L, check out my friend Alex’s spotting guide (link at bottom of reply)

@Ksisky thanks man! I see potential in myself as well 😉

Thanks @Jay757. Nice photo of Transat!

EDIT - forgot the link
http://www.dude8472productions.com

3 Likes

Spotting gallery update! There will be another one later tonight with a few more photos! Enjoy everyone

3 Likes

I loved the 736 and Air Transat picture! the 737-600 is one of my favorite aircraft

2 Likes