Custom Non-Pro Regions

Hello, IFC!

This is an unusual request. This request is to allow non-pro members to choose their areas. There would be a specific amount of square miles that members can use and they get to choose where they want to spend those!

Example:

You have 20,000 square miles

You can draw the zones you want anywhere as long as they are 20,000 square miles or less.

This would allow non-pro members to be able to fly around their house, or to places like mount Everest rather than being forced to fly at SFO :)

Thoughts?

Thank you!

Robertine

I like the idea, however, I have a question:

Would the non-pro users be allowed to change their areas?

1 Like

That’s for the devs to choose but i think that would be bad for IF because players would just switch around all the time

maybe just keep them once they are done or allow a change once a year

1 Like

Okay, thanks :)

1 Like

As someone without an active pro sub, I like this. I’m clearing up a vote.

3 Likes

Why would I want this as I can fly all around the world on solo? At least I can do that

1 Like

This is for non-pro users who only have a limited area that they can fly in.

3 Likes

yes, it is.

1 Like

Maybe you should rename it to “Custom Non-Pro Regions”

1 Like

Well the reason they keep it to certain regions is if you have an airport you love outside of it, it’s a good incentive to get you to purchase the PRO subscription.

4 Likes

That’s actually a really very nice idea!
You have my vote

1 Like

I had the same idea! You have my support, but I can’t vote for it at the moment.

1 Like

Very good idea for a few reasons, it may actually benefit FDS since the enhanced flexibility may attract more customers that are not willing to pay the sub for pro. Also it will be a welcome change for a non-pro user as more airlines and liveries could be used realistically with the addition with this feature, even in solo mode without pro.

1 Like

Should note that this can be easily abused by clearing app data or reinstalling

1 Like

Well not if you sign back in

I want this ti shown because they want kiney

1 Like

Sorry I Rambo money

1 Like

Dude I meant money!

1 Like