Current flight's flight plan

Is it possible to have an access to the real flight plan from current flight or soon departing flights ? Actually I ever heard about that but I’m not sure if it’s for current flight or past flight…

1 Like

I don’t believe so. If you’re talking about something that shows the flight plan waypoint-by-waypoint, then that would kind of pose a security concern. So no, I don’t think they’re available to the public.

1 Like

For flights within US, it can be done by entering the ICAO flight number in flightaware.com

Besides that, no other way AFAIK

2 Likes

Yes I thought about that, but if we’re able to follow them by radar, I don’t see why we can’t also have an access at his flight plan, but I see what you mean, mayber you’re right

Flightaware usually gives the route of the flight. i use this alot to mimick real life flights

1 Like

Okay thanks @N1DG @Kiz I’ll watch with flightaware !

2 Likes

Also works for other places like Canada.
Also there is a KML download. I’ll probably write a script soon that makes an overlay on skyvector

2 Likes

It does work in Canada too and for flights originating/departing USA(FAA jurisdiction).

Looking forward to the article ;)

Not just the US, most flights seem to have their flight plan published on FlightAware.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.