Cruise speed confusion

Not sure what category to put this under. Anyways I’ve been having some cruise speed issues, and I was wondering if anyone knows why. Currently, I’m doing a flight from KEWR to FAOR, roughly 15 hours. I have been flying for 1 hour and 40 minutes but the ETE says 12 hours and 22 minutes. (14 hours and 2 minutes.) I looked up the 787 cruise speed which said Mach 0.85, and I am cruising at that speed now. I was wondering if the flight time extends as the flight goes on, or am I going too fast?

You could encounter some winds later on in the flight which will add flight time. So for example, if you’re doing a 10hr flight and you just departed and it says 9hrs left, it could be that later on you’ll have some winds.

Don’t forget to put into count the FPL used in IRL VS IF. If you take a different route, could take less/ longer to complete as winds may defer.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Remember that flight times are sometimes measured in different ways too, sometimes it will be gate-to-gate, sometimes it will be sheer time in the air.

1 Like

Off topic but if you’re in the UK how are you still awake lol

Loads of UK people are awake rn ;)

1 Like

You guys are insane lmao

Even worse when you are just off a controlling session lol

1 Like

Anyway, let’s keep on topic ;)

Give me a DM if you wanna chat.

1 Like