Crossing runway?

Hi. I’m thai

I stand by at terminal151
I want takeoff at runway16R

Contact ATC GROUND…
-crossing runway04
or
-crossing runway22

I’m scared of being ghost. If I talk to ATC wrong.
I would like advice. Thank you

2 Likes

You’ll be crossing runway 04 since it’s probably an active runway.

1 Like

I usually cross using the active end.

1 Like

thank you, Diamond
Contact to ATC. Green side runway?

It will be the active runway but if you get it wrong ATC will correct you when they reply

1 Like

The active is green. The runway not being used is the Red side.

1 Like

Not all the time

1 Like

What do you mean?

1 Like

Green isn’t active all the time it’s just a guide but most of the time it’s right

1 Like

The colour system indicates how favourable the wind condition is - not the active runway.

You normally have to monitor the traffic, check the inbound queue or listen to ATIS to tell you which runway(s) are active.

5 Likes

It really comes down to personal judgement. As others have said, use the active end, or the one that the wind favors. Technically there isn’t anything stopping you from saying you’re crossing the inactive end, but the active end is the safer bet.

2 Likes

On training everyone does whatever I’ve gotten used to ignoring the lone wolfs. Expert it will be the most favorable for wind conditions not what you want. Sometimes there may be an exception but more than likely you’re not going to get what you want ie watch the tutorial.

Anyway you would be crossing 04 but Ill advise on using 16.

1 Like

Thai on expert just ask for pushback and ATC will tell you which one to go to if there is ATC.

1 Like

I understand. Thank you.
I’m scared of being ghost. If I talk to ATC wrong

No Your fine, just listen to atis and try and remember the active but if you get it wrong we will correct you when we give you the reply, you won’t get ghosted for asking for the wrong end.

2 Likes

You won’t be ghosted for asking the wrong end, but it’s always the active end, no matter how close you are to one side or the other.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.