Critique my pattern work.

I’ve been doing pattern work for a while, so I decided to video one of my circuits at KSEE. If I’m not doing something right, Feel free to Critique me because I am not perfect. Hope I didn’t do too bad.

OH, AND YES I KNOW I FORGOT MY STROBES XD.
5 Likes

I like it and the wind was a problem I bet you.

1 Like

Yea when I first lifted off it was kind of bad, but as you see the turn to Downwind was really crazy lol.

I can see that.

1 Like

That’s pretty good considering I just tried and failed horribly with an 11knot crosswind

2 Likes

The sound of that ATC voice… sounds so cool and collected. Reminds me of movie trailer voice. Haha.

Great job on the patterns though.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I really like that you actually stayed in the pattern! Most people fly all the way out to the end of the localizer overlay on the gps map and do a 10 mile straight in approach.

My biggest advice would be to watch your altitude. AGL is the metric that you want to pay attention to the most. Research before your flight is essential to flying safe. I use airnav but there are other good sites as well… https://www.airnav.com/airport/KSEE

Notice the additional remarks, special takeoff minimums, pattern altitude & direction… This is probably extremely nit picky for IF, but it will improve your situational awareness and airmenship if you invest the time reading the charts before flights.

2 Likes

@Down4Double, Awesome, thx for the info. I also tried my best to stay with the glide slope, but those downdrafts really got to me lol. But yea I would love to make it as real as possible. Anyone else use “Auto Throttle” like I do?

1 Like

Very good. You held the climb out speed very well, and didn’t fight the turbulence aggressively - nice landing too.
I’d be happy with a session like that.

1 Like

My apologies, poor word choice… I meant your altitude when in the pattern. It appeared that you were aiming for 1000ft MSL on your downwind, which was about 600ft AGL. That was 200ft too low for that runway. I know, too nit picky on my part, but 200ft too low when you’re under 1000ft was a big deal when I was learning to fly.

Your altitude on the glide slope looked really good considering how much you were getting bounced around.

1 Like

Wow, thx, I just noticed that. The whole reason for me having both MSL and AGL up was for that reason, and I didn’t even notice it. Thx for pointing that out.

1 Like

Flaps shouldn’t be set to 10 on take off don’t set them at all unless at a short field which this wasn’t.
-Climb out speed was slow
-crosswind and base should of had a roll out.
-didn’t reach TPA

• approach speed was to fast
    -flaps where deployed to fast
  • you used auto pilot
  • no use of rudder
    Nice landing though for being fast.
4 Likes

Wow Brandon bringing the heat today 😂

2 Likes

He asked for people to critique it

2 Likes

Haha, thats what this was for. Like I said I’m not perfect. Thx @Brandon_Sandstrom.

1 Like

When you say “TPA”, does that mean Pattern Altitude?

Traffic pattern altitude.

Awesome thx.

1 Like

Try learning without the HUD, for the past few weeks I’ve bee flying all my flights with no HUD in cockpit mode and it feels more realistic.

2 Likes