Crew 1 Launching Tonight @0027z! Docking tonight!

Going up!

2020-11-16T00:27:00Z

This evening, the first operational mission of SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft is set to take flight, carrying a crew of four to the International Space Station. The mission, scheduled for 7:27PM ET, marks the beginning of regular crewed missions to and from the ISS for SpaceX as the company establishes a route to space for NASA’s astronauts — and eventually private customers.

Credit

https://www.theverge.com/2020/11/15/21565143/spacex-nasa-watch-live-stream-crew-1-dragon

30 Likes

sadly I’ll be sleeping by the time of the Liftoff, but hoping the best and wish NASA, SpaceX, the Astronauts and everyone involved a successful Mission.
gonna wear my Nasa Shirt for sleeping too, haha

6 Likes

Yep, massive space fan so am watching it now

2 Likes

Awesome! I can’t wait for liftoff!

Note: I would watch the launch from the official SpaceX YouTube channel. You get live commentary from real SpaceX staff.

Crew-1 Mission Link

1 Like

Aww dang, I go to sleep at 0025Z not allowing me to watch :(

its a joke

1 Like

Almost time!

1 Like

Yeah 45 Mins everyone!

1 Like

Hey everyone here links to BOTH LIVE streams. Tune into there YouTube Click here for SpaceX LIVE . You can also watch it on NASA’s live stream; Click here for NASA LIVE .

I hope nothing bad happens and go #launchamerica and godspeed Crew Dragon and best of luck.

Crew Dragon Background

Open quote - “The SpaceX Dragon 2 is a class of [reusable] spacecraft developed and manufactured by American aerospace manufacturer [SpaceX] as the successor to Dragon, a reusable cargo spacecraft. It has two variants: Crew Dragon, a space capsule capable of ferrying up to seven astronauts, and Cargo Dragon, an updated replacement for the original Dragon spacecraft. The spacecraft launches atop a Falcon 9 Block 5rocket and returns to Earth via an ocean splashdown. Unlike its predecessor, the spacecraft can dock itself to the ISS instead of being berthed. Crew Dragon is equipped with an integrated launch escape system (LES) capable of accelerating the vehicle away from the rocket in an emergency at 11.8 m/s2 (39 ft/s2), accomplished by using a set of four side-mounted thruster pods with two SuperDraco engines each. The spacecraft features redesigned solar arrays and a modified outer mold line compared to the original Dragon, and possesses new flight computers and avionics. As of March 2020, four Dragon 2 spacecraft have been manufactured (not counting structural test articles that were never airborne).” ** - end quote.

3 Likes

linked both for ppl that don’t know

1 Like

Under half an hour

1 Like

Under 20 mins

1 Like

Staying up today to watch the launch, hopefully I’ll be awake to watch the docking tomorrow 😅

1 Like

T-10mins, everyone watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnChQbxLkkI

1 Like

VeHHHickle

Been watching for s little while. Hopefully the launch goes all well and gives some great views!

2 Likes

T-2 Mins, LETS GO

1 Like

T-1 MINUTE!!! This is awesome

1 Like

Countdown is about to start!

2 Likes

LIFTOFF!!! GO RESILIENCE. Congrats everyone

2 Likes

GO GO GO GO! WOOOOO! Godspeed pilots!

2 Likes

There goes first stage