Creating my own Airport by designing it, and drawing it [Semi-Complete]

So, I now have bought my Gemini Jets DC-10-30, I have created my own mat, and so I measured my DC-10 and created the outlines. I then added more things. I marked where aircraft can be parked at (not perfect). I hope you like the photos :)! The Gemini 1:400 scale Jetbridges are on the way (should arrive tomorrow).

The drawn out mat, with my DC-10 along side with the Matchbox B737-800 (In Alaska 75th anniversary livery)

DC-10 parked

Just showcasing the Matchbox 737-800 by Alaska, also parked

Parking areas for each aircraft (not all aircraft)

The two planes parked

The DC-10 parked with the Matchbox 737-800 in the background, there is also an area only meant to be used by the Jet bridges (hence the “Jetbridge Area”)

List that will be updated as of today:
Condor DC-10 Gemini 1:400 (OBTAINED)
Emirates A340 Gemini 1:400 (OBTAINED)
British Airways Concorde Gemini 1:400 (NOT YET SHIPPED)
Gemini Jetbridges (set #1) 6 pack 1:400 (OBTAINED)
Ramp [Hand drawn] (COMPLETED)
Terminal [Simple, made of paper, hand drawn] (COMPLETED)

25 Likes

That’s really cool - looks very precise. I would never have the patience to do it. I salute you

12 Likes

That’s amazing! I’ll buy it off you for $15, eh mate?

5 Likes

This is what I do, I do things on my own. I will be ordering my A340 tomorrow (Emirates).

6 Likes

Love it - except for the airline. Good luck

1 Like

$15? This is custom made lol, The biggest I can do is the DC-10. You need some? It’s just paper, anyone can do it.

2 Likes

What do you mean airline? Which one?

1 Like

The emirates A340

1 Like

Great airport i hope the a340 will be good too

2 Likes

oh, well, ok.

1 Like

what airport are you coping ?:)

1 Like

Not copying, making a custom small airport. I have very limited space, so I can only do the ramp area.

1 Like

Very good mate, sounds great! Wish I had the time like Wren said.

1 Like

You can create one, just put the plane (whatever you have) then start to outline where the nose will be, how wide the wings are, and then create the line where the nose gear is. that’s it, then add the little details and you have created your very own airport mat :)

1 Like

I would never be able to do this Im terrible at drawing even with a ruler

1 Like

@Puncakes Don’t be negative, I’m sure you can do it, just be patient and outline the aircraft you want. Not hard to do :). I know you can make one.

1 Like

Created a simple terminal. I will replace it in the future with a better version. It is a bit bigger than what I imagined, but I will trim it to size once the jetways come in.

The Terminal, with four gates (jetways will be placed where the square marks are)

The DC-10 at it’s gate. Love this photo.

The BA 747 in the photo is not by Gemini Jets, though it is detailed. Somehow, I never noticed the chip in the paint, as I think don’t recall it falling to the floor, but I think it fell and hit the floor hard enough for the paint to chip off.

6 Likes

R u going to keep it white or color it in or something like that?

1 Like

That’s really awesome! And that’s really similar with the one In real life

2 Likes

Are you from Sweden I wonder because of the Saab logo in your profile picture iam from Sweden

1 Like