Creating "Global Flight" category

Like Virtual Airlines topics growing fast in the community, since Global Flight is confirmed, numbers of topic regarding global flight has growth very fast.

I think this is the time to create a Global Flight category, like VA thing.

• Yes
  • Wait release
  • No

0 voters

I agree to that

Mhm, I don’t know, it seems handy but at the same time unnecessary

3 Likes

It’s basically 49/51

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

As soon as you make a global flight category then you might as well make an airbus category and aileron category and a food category… VA category is different because even the developers have interests in integrating it into the game as a feature. Whereas the discussions about global will petter out as it is released.

3 Likes

I’m not so sure about this. Global Flight is just a feature that is being implemented into IF. It doesn’t really need its own category here. That would be like making a category for the 787.

3 Likes

Beat you to it :p

1 Like

Just realized that. Haha. Good point though. I agree with you.

1 Like

Eh. All the screenshots that people take during a global flight, talking about their new favorite routes should belong in general. It seems a bit excessive to have an extra category. General/Live should be able to handle the amount of global flight traffic. If this category is created, it would set the forum down the path of making a file cabinet with many specific tabs where topics would be filed. As organized as that may be, is it worth it to make the categories more specific? The miscategorization of some topics either hints at lack of care, forgetfulness, or an honest mistake that the person didn’t realize. Best way is to keep it simple and bear with the global topics. If a user doesn’t like them, the mute topic button is always there.

On the other hand, it wouldn’t cause any problems with the forums. Maybe if we wait a while and see how many topics are created with global flight, it will be more clear if the category is really needed.

Thank you for making the poll anonymous.

6 Likes

It seems like a good idea like the VA category but the VA category is more used and such. A Global Flight category would be handy to put those global flight topics but at the same time really not so useful because none of us have info on global to make tons about.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

You have a good point.

Unnecessary, global is essentially ‘live’, and I don’t think their is a ‘region’ category. Global flight is really just a big region in live.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.