Creating an event

My questions:
1, Do you need to do gate assignments or can you just tell them what planes go where and what not? (Answered)
2, Do I need to do ATC assignments? (Answered)
3,How do you convert PST (my time zone) to Zulu for the title? (Answered)

1. and 2. depend on the nature of the event. Gate assignments and ATC service may make it more organizied, but it’s the creators choice.

To my knowledge, Zulu is 7 hours ahead of PST.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

My solution for gates is take the list of destinations from Wikipedia and let people pick a gate and choose there own plane and destination. For Zulu google is your best friend. Lastly if you are on training you can ask someone to ATC but for expert you can message Tyler and see what he says.

1 Like

Last question: what airport?

1 Like

Literally any

1 Like

Lets put it this way… In your event, you can do whatever the heck you want (aslong as it meets current basic standards). But if you want interest into your event, I’d recommend giving gate assignments and making the thread eye appealing and sense making. I’m here to help you if you ever need.

2 Likes

I was thinking about TNCM, KPDX, YPPH, CYYC or KSLC.

To answer your questions:

1. Gate assignments are highly recommended for a good event,and are essential for a large flyout style event.

2. Just like gates,ATC isn’t definitely needed for an event,but stil, highly recommended. On Expert server,you will have to read Tyler’s event policy. On training server,you can ask someone to do ATC for the event.

3. So,to make it easier for other people to understand,I recommend you use this feature,so other people will automatically be able to see it,in their time. Just go to the little gear on top of your reply box,and click on ‘insert date’. Then just insert the time,date,and all that junk.

So just do whatever you want really.

1 Like

I’m going to pm everybody here and let them help me with my first event!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.