Creating a Virtual Airline

Alright. One les worry ;)

2 Likes

Good luck :)

1 Like

This is what the CEO sent me

“Message Sir: This is the CEO, David Cush, of Virgin America. I am here today to advise you that your virtual airline is infringing upon our copyrighted brand. We kindly ask for you to close this down, otherwise we will be forced to contact higher authorities for your virtual airlines termination. Thank you.”

Yeah…

5 Likes

And did you do as said? 😏

1 Like

I had to. Wasn’t going to have to talk to highly paid lawyers.

2 Likes

The last thing FDS wants is to be in trouble with

7 Likes

FDS wouldn’t get in trouble with them right? It would just be him vs ‘higher authorities’ :D

You shouldve kept it running just for funsies :P

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Tutorials is for ingame only. (What I was told)

I’d personally move it to #general as it does not really has to do with the forum actually.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Quick question. How can I get the member system like Qantas because it would be a nice feature for my airline

We use an advanced website system called phpVMS, sketch flight supplies these sorts of websites.

Don’t you have to pay for a hosting server in order to make it work?

Truly helpful guide @Skylines! I recommend to those thinking about starting a VA or are in the process of doing so, to consult this guide for a basic idea! :)

3 Likes

The va I’m in has an application form needed to join, do you know how to do that, if you do please reply

(How to create an aplication form)

I don’t know if anyone has brought this up but, just as a heads up and a reminder. The logos of all airlines are copyrighted, which means if that airline sees a group like let’s say Air Berlin (not trying to put anyone in the spotlight). So when creating a website, try to have your website creator give them credit to whose the logo belongs to. They can and have the right to sue you for using there logo without there permission or not giving them credit. I know when I was on IFFG, I personally contacted someone from JetBlue to get permission to use it, (being the logo). They were really nice about it and allowed me to plus I got a free gift card for my next flight haha

4 Likes

I can help you with that ! ;)

1 Like

Wow JetBlue sounds like a really cool airline when dealing with these matters !

2 Likes