Creating a Feature Request

Oh sorry. Didn’t realise… 🙁

Also I didn’t really label any as ‘terrible’ or ‘brilliant’.

1 Like

I think they all speak English just fine, but I’m not sure. How do you know that? It’s not like he’s saying they’re terrible, he just says their “bland”, which I feel is correct. A little substance would be better than just a picture with a sentence on it.

That being said, maybe it would be better to just create your own “bland example” instead of using others threads. Regardless, I think this should be pinned.

2 Likes

Why do we need to write a 6 paragraph essay? A feature should be nice and simple. I do support the grammar and title part

5 Likes

That’s not what we’re asking for. I’m not asking for a research paper, just a little more detail.

What makes this plane special?
Why do you want it to be seen in Infinite Flight?
What year was it manufactured?
Is it still in operation?
Any interesting quirks of the aircraft?

3 Likes

Anyways, I can’t say that the one used is a bad photo. But it’s not specific enough for the request. I’m honestly fine with this rule but I meant, many people don’t like to write essays just because they are requesting a single small request. Many people are disgusted with this rule from behind the scenes. 1 Paragraph of explanation is more than enough to me. However, we do appreciate it if you want to write long explanation like examples above. Just my 2 cents

1 Like

Regarding the points here: if you’re really lazy you can go to Wikipedia and sort through the data and see which is relevant to the post.

It’s not too hard to see important points and try to justify why your plane should be added over some other plane (e.g. why should we have a TriStar over a DC-10?) Yes, I think the L-1011 is a much better plane than the DC-10/MD-11. However, I digress, the main point of a feature request is that you’re trying to sell your feature to others and to justify why they should use their limited votes on you.

See this for a short and informative post.

Tl;dr DO NOT JUST HAVE FEATURE REQUESTS WITH ONE PIC AND A “i want this plane” text

4 Likes

Always remember, we would love you to add more substance instead of a link or bad body. But I think it doesn’t have to be an essays. But if you can be more informative about the reason behind the request. It would make our community looks professional

• Remember ! Professional doesn’t always mean an essay. But productive substance and informative body can be categorized as a professional request
  • Bad body in here means substance that isn’t informative and productive for a forum. Such as “I want this feature so badly. Please add this!”.
  • You might want to see @DeerCrusher 's feature as an example. Although it’s not too long compared to other examples above. But it’s more than productive and informative enough to be categorized as a professional looking request with good structure/template/format
    Beechcraft King Air 350i

And, if you want to request a feature. It would be appreciated if you mind to vote for it as it would be meaningless without your own contribution ;)

4 Likes

This post is very well composed!

1 Like

Every member is entitled to an opinion, That don’t mean it’s Gospel. Agree with the thrust of most of the arguments but I believe the spirit and intent of the IF Feature guidance is clear, the KISS principle applies. “A” Photo, a “brief” overview with stats, justification and Source Attributions. Brevity is Key! Max Sends

2 Likes

This is an excellent and much needed reminder to this that post under the #features category. I haven’t noticed over the months the rapid decline of quality the these sorts of requests. Hopefully people will look at the posts that you included as a great example to follow for their own requests. 😁 Again, great work!

3 Likes

MaxSuggests: The posting of the same Airliner model with different liveries is a waste of bandwidth, redundant, and a duplication". The FDS guidance should be modified to preclude this practice. (A DC-10 is a DC-10 no matter what pants it wears)!

2 Likes

You can’t ever have too much substance in a feature request

1 Like

This is needed, but realistically I don’t expect someone to write a 5 paragraph essay explaining the plane’s specifications.

What I expect from a feature request is a short 3-4 sentence paragraph explaining why you believe this aircraft/livery should be added into Infinite Flight.

Truthfully, I haven’t done that in the past, but I’m going to change that.

2 Likes

I would agree; however, mods and/or staff have asked for liveries to have their own separate threads for the same aircraft. 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 Like

Thank you tane! Maybe at a future point the devs and mods can add a template to feature and support, as we have to ask, and ask for some more info. 👍🏼

1 Like

Well let’s see…
All the livery have most likely been requested, many fo the future aircraft e.g. MD11/DC 10. The 787 rework was requested by myself. With the new upvote system it is even easier for FDS to see. Trust me - they listen.

3 Likes

Many, many, many #features requested here have been seen by the developers and have been implemented.

Some examples include: Fuel burn, global flight, Boeing 787 family, a few new ATC commands, and a plethora of liveries. There’s many more but that will take me a while to list. Skim through the #features requests and I guarantee you’ll find more that have been added by FDS.

This is what the #features category was made for anyways. The developers want your ideas to make the simulator better. :)

1 Like

I like this thread, but I don’t think people should have to list all the specifications of the plane. Maybe just list some basic facts about the plane and its status in the airlines fleet.

2 Likes

Yeah - I don’t mean for it to have specifications and all :)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.