Crazy winds over EHAM

Crazy winds over EHAM.

I am currently circling over the channel at the moment, having attempted a landing in 40+kt winds at Schippol, Amsterdam, Holland. (Expert Server as GH-O99 )

Does anyone have any of these wind/weather tracking apps and can forecast… Should I continue to hold and retry a landing at EHAM or divert across to Brussels?

2 Likes

Weather update- It’s windy

7 Likes

It says for me that it’s gusting 15kts at 220° so a landing on 22 should be fine.

2 Likes

Keep holding. Hold for another 5 to 10 minutes, if the wind doesn’t die down go over to Brussles.

2 Likes

The winds are 17 MPH sustained (27 kmh) gusting to 26 MPH (41 kmh). I think you should try and land again but if you have to abort, go to Brussels.

1 Like

Had to be a diversion to Brussels I’m afraid… Anyone else tried a EHAM landing tonight?

2 Likes

I’ve literally just departed Brussels and on my way now.

1 Like

On my way over to Brussels now Thomas. Catch a screenshot as you pass!! - Im on Expert.

1 Like

My wings are flexing Out there!

2 Likes

Will do lol I’m also on expert

1 Like

See you up there @Aussie_Wombat !

2 Likes

I’m down now :) Rough landing.

2 Likes

Glad we are not in Global Flight now, id be running low on fuel!!

2 Likes

Nope was not a successful landing :( I was trying to fight the wind but it didn’t work, right after I landed I skidded off the runway and ended up doing 360 spins so I despawned. I was going to do a go around until I span out :(

1 Like

Landed at Brussels!

2 Likes

nice. lets have some fun!

I dont live far from EHRD -about 50km south of EHAM- and I can hear the wind blowing outside.

AAAND THE OSCAR FOR CAPTAIN OBVIOUS GOES TO… @iceblue!!!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.