Crazy Winds in SoCal

guys there are sone crazy winds in social, up to 41knts of crosswind, I’m crosing the mtns now for KPSP, IN a Citation 10, hoping it gets better by the time i get there! wow! may have to divert

3 Likes

Yeah it’s windy cuz Santa Ana winds. So live with it bud.

2 Likes

i know, i don’t know why u have to be mean, in rue post

2 Likes

Oh sory bud. I was stating. Here’s a pun to make you feel better.

5 Likes

lol, its ok

its like double or triple xp weakened, only 4k away from expert!

KSNA HAS CRAZY WINDS. TRY ITTTTTT NOT THAT OFTEN DO YOU GET A APPROACH FROM THE WEST THAT OFTEN IN SOCAL REAGUO9 hahah

1 Like

wow! thats crazy, the funny thing is my dad just landed at KSNA, around 3, wonder if the united pilot could handle it?

KONT was crazy earlier !

im landing at KPSP right now in a citation 10, my home airport is SNA, and yes it was really windy and cold, but not this bad, HELP ME!

Don’t worry Captain you have trained for this day all your life , now but your training to use ! ;)

1 Like

LAX is using 06 and 07, I’d say that that’s even more rare than KSNA using 02.

1 Like

The narrow mountain valley to the northwest of KPSP is the second windiest place on earth, more than chicago. thats why if you were to ever travel through there you would see a whole crap-ton of wind turbines. its also really cool to watch, from twentynine palms highway at the base of the northern mountain, the clouds stay on the Los Angeles side of the valley.

in this aspect, i commend FDS for the realistic wind conditions.

1 Like

I know that because usually from school I see them landing on 24 and 25 but no they are over the city at 24 and 25. And here them outside right now and saw some liveries like SAS.

landed safly in KPSP, thankfully, it was a very smooth landing considering 21kts of crosswind ! :)

1 Like

I just might have to neglect my work responsibilities and check this out for myself!

1 Like

It’s a nice challenge in a a319. Doing tight patterns as we speak on expert

2 Likes

yeah, u get a lot of xp

Yeah , whats your boss number again ? ;)

1 Like

Still nothing like the 200 kt. winds that were in Hawaii a couple weeks ago. :P

2 Likes