Crazy Travel Stories

Here, I want people to put their unique/crazy travel stories! I’ll start us off:

So I was going to Maui, Hawaii from Richmond, Virginia and it didn’t go as planned. At Richmond, we were delayed due to ground crew problems. We then arrived late at Minneapolis for our connecting flight, and missed it. We then stayed there trying to figure out what to do. We could’ve gone on a flight to LAX, but it was full. We then flew to Las Vegas, and we arrived around midnight. We then rented a car, and drove 6 hours in the middle of the night all the way to San Diego. We didn’t get sleep at all. We arrived at San Diego and got to our gates minutes before boarding. The flight was AWESOME however. The Hawaiian 767 was amazing. Unfortunately, no sleep/rest was obtained on this flight. We then landed in Maui, stayed for a week, flew to Kauai, stayed there for a week, and then the problems come back again. We double checked our tickets, and the flight got cancelled. We stayed an extra day, and then flew to Maui. We flew back to San Diego, and did something that was not enjoyable. We got on a 4.5 hour flight to Charlotte, on a full plane, with no seats next to my family. After that we landed at dark, and flew to Richmond. The trip travel wise was just a mess, and really shows what can go wrong in the aviation world.

Hope you enjoyed reading! And I hope to see your crazy stories!

7 Likes

I was flying back from my family vacation in New York. Our flight from JFK was supposed to leave at 4pm. Turns out, our plane was delayed from Chicago because of a snowstorm. The plane arrives around 6pm, and it turns out, the plane had a technical difficulty. So, the jetBlue staff try to fix it, and by 10, there is nothing. So, they try to find a replacement, while it starts to snow. And it really snowed. By midnight, we were all tired and exhausted, and angry as well. After a 2 hour nap on the hard seats of JFK, I hear an announcement. It turns out that they found an aircraft, but instead of the A320, they got us a Mint A321. Since everyone was asleep, I went to the counter and asked if I could sit in Mint. And, she said yes. That was the weirdest 5 hour flight, full of ups and downs.

3 Likes

Hey, at least you got a free “first class” flight.

3 Likes

Wow! I’ve never had to sleep at an airport! That’s gotta suck!

1 Like

Yeah, I enjoyed that flat bed quite much. And this was when Mint was brand new, so it was a fresh cabin.

Did they offer minty water? I saw that on a Casey Neistat video once.

1 Like

At least I had a blanket in my bag, it was freezing cold.

1 Like

Nah, I got none of the Mint amenities. Besides, I slept for 75% of the flight.

Our connecting flight to EWR was severely delayed. Because it wasn’t canceled, we didn’t get to go to a hotel, so we were at Miami until 1 am. My family was complaining and there was giddy me who lived the delay. I got to see so many planes! On the flight, everyone fell asleep so I became best friends with the flight attendants leading to me getting to go up to the cockpit and shut down the APU.

2 Likes

Well, that makes sense. I doubt they wanted to bother you anymore than they already had.

1 Like

By the way shoutout to the KLGB staff who kept the airport open all night, they usually close at 10pm. We arrived at 4am…

I don’t believe that they had loaded any of the Mint amenities, since it was an emergency aircraft.

Just like me, aviation comes before basic needs 😂

2 Likes

Agreed on so many levels

1 Like

Lucky! Once upon a time, I got to seat in the jump seat and put on a headset.

Shoutout George from jetBlue. Thanks for seeing my jetBlue shirt, American hat, and Delta wristband while I was waiting for the lavatory.

1 Like

Exactly, I pissed off my parents because I woke them up to see a 747.

2 Likes

Oh, I’ve got one. It isn’t my travel experience, but my dad’s. So he was coming home from I believe San Juan, and it took his company 16 hours to figure out his return flight. If anything, I got to do a load of plane spotting at KCLT, so I guess I should be grateful.

I hit my mom accidentally with my hat just to point out a 747 😂

2 Likes

Oh big rip

1 Like

It was chaotic when we got to JFK a few months after this. My mom stormed away from me because I wouldn’t shut up 😂

2 Likes