Crazy fog at Aspen Pitkin

Anyone else been at KASE in the last hour? Tough conditions and a very challenging approach, really fun though.

3 Likes

1 Like

We in Colorado are having snowy conditions so this makes sense. Denver visibility probably isn’t great either

5 Likes

546ft AGL and the glidescope wants you lower? O_o

3 Likes

I wanted to fly in but when I noticed that there was a snow storm I figured that I better not risk my virtual pilots life today. Flight Cancelled.

2 Likes

Excellent IF ILS practice.

1 Like

From the pics looks like 300m vids with light winds. This is slight of hand. Easy. Try KGUC where vis is worse and winds gusting 25 it’s full crosswind. I haven’t checked KGUC right now but 90% of the time it is like that. This is the base where Qatar VA chief pilots are tested. How about that for a bit of pressure😝

5 Likes

Heading over now to have a look! Thanks for sharing.

Not being familiar with KASE approach, I diverted to KEGE. Fun flight from Pueblo just now.

@QR01 I will never forget my test there! It took IF to another level.

1 Like

I was there earlier, but left after a while cause it got too crowded real fast. It was taking way too long to land since the approach controller was sending everybody away to get them organized.

How do you get the weather on the map like this ??

That’s not the weather, it’s the terrain. You can simply click on “Show terrain warning” and it shows you the areas where your altitude is critical.
I think it’s highly recommended when flying in the mountains, especially with low visibility.

1 Like

Just landed at KASE: fantastic exercise

Yeah i click on that all the time but never saw the terrain in yellow and red thats why i thought its weather

Let’s say you are currently 500 ft agl, any terrain at 500ft or higher will turn red in your map

1 Like

Ill screenahot the approach at KASE when im back home to show you i never saw this color

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.