Crazy: American Airlines Announces 3 New Routes From Boston & Starts A Bloodbath

Pretty crazy…

American Airlines will launch nonstop service from Boston to Raleigh/Durham, Indianapolis, and Wilmington

American Airlines literally started a bloodbath with Delta and JetBlue.

Boston to Raleigh Durham (RDU)

• This route will start FIVE TIMES DAILY
  • Operated with the Embraer E-175
  • Set to begin in May

This is crazy because Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, AND Spirit all serve the route.

In May:

• Delta 6x daily
  • JetBlue 6x daily
  • Spirit 1x daily
  • Frontier 1x daily

With American’s five extra daily flights there will be nineteen daily flights between Boston and Raleigh/Durham.

Additionally, American will launch Boston to Indianapolis twice a day (one daily on Saturday) and Boston to Wilmington as Saturday-only service, all on the E-175.

American has significantly grown its Boston presence by a ton in the past few months by adding:

• London Heathrow
  • Grand Cayman
  • Nassau
  • Key West
  • Austin

I wouldn’t be surprised to see American add more routes from Boston such as SFO, BNA, STL, HHH, CDG, and more,

14 Likes

Holy! Thats a flight every 1-2 hours, Insane!

That’s a lot of flights

Competition never hurt anyone. Just goes to show that the Us economy is also doing well

3 Likes

It’s going down in Boston! I’ve heard some rumors that Delta is going to expand massively at Miami to counter the moves

5 Likes

Wow I would hope American start routes to Buffalo

1 Like

I really want Delta to expand in DC, but it might not be possible…

1 Like

Guess who’s happy

1 Like

When I first read the title, I thought it was a bloodbath with people. Glad it’s not!

A little competition never hurt anyone.

1 Like

Guess who’s not happy that MHT or PSM isn’t getting service?

I’m glad Boston is getting all the attention, they’re growing a lot, but I think other places like Manchester could get some new service to places similar to those being served in Boston

Not as an act of revenge. They announced that a little while back before AA announced three routes. I’m interested to see what DL will do down there

DL is actually going the other way in DCA. They’ve cut a bunch of routes as they want to make LGA a what they wanted DCA to be. AA has a pretty good grasp of DCA, and will be focusing a lot on it in the future from what I’ve heard. I agree that DL will most likely not grow there

1 Like

This past weekend Delta actually loaded in a few MIA increases.

DL DTW-MIA APR 2>3[2] MAY 2>3[2] JUN 2>3[2] JUL 2>3[1.8] AUG 2>3[1.9] SEP 2>3[1.9] OCT 2>3[1.8]
DL LGA-MIA SEP 4>5[4] OCT 4>5[4]
DL MIA-MSP APR 2>3[2] MAY 2>3[1.9] JUN 2>3[2.0] JUL 2>3[1.8] AUG 2>3[1.8] SEP 2>3[1.6] OCT 2>3[1.7]

Basically DTW goes 3 daily, up from 2 daily from previous year.
LGA increases to 5 daily, up from 4 daily from previous year.
MSP goes 3 daily, up from 2 daily the previous year.

2 Likes