CptMats’ ATC Tracking Thread - [CLOSED] @ EDDM

Hey,
I decided to get started with ATC to be an IFATC controller one day. I’ll focus on airports in Germany, my home country.
If you notice something I’ve done wrong or something I’ve done good, please feedback me! :)

4 Likes

EDDM is open now until 1600Z. RWY 26R and 26L in use.

1 Like

I’ll be there shortly

1 Like

Joining now

1 Like

Why do you hesitate to clear me for the option?

1 Like

Wasn’t my intention, I already cleared you as you were on the downwind. :)

1 Like

Hi, I was with the callsign N884CJ.
In the beginning, as @Jens_Severin was just airborne, I was instructed to line up and wait on the runway.

As soon as the aircraft is airborne, you can instruct cleared for takeoff :)

Secondly, there was no sequencing. There were 2 aircraft on left downwind for the same runway, which is a perfect scenario for sequencing. As Tyler says, “Sequence, Clear and you’re done”

Lastly, after giving Number 2 clearance for landing the aircrafts are cleared to land. You don’t need to give them clearance again when they are number 1.

It may be advisable to check the ATC tutorials for further guidance, especially for sequencing.
Hope this was helpful :)

4 Likes

Thank you for this detailed feedback. I’ll have a look into the mentioned things. :)

1 Like

Hi there, my callsign was “243,

Before I proceed with the feedback, I’ll recommend you to watch all the ATC tutorials related to Tower (Pattern entries, sequence, Transition, and clearances) and Ground commands as well.

Alright, few things here…

• UPS 1105 requested inbound 26R: you should’ve given him a pattern entry and a clearance. Instead your answer was “extend downwind” which was completely unnecessary as “extend downlwind” and “I’ll call your base” are commands used to sequence aircrafts or create space between them. Then you said “enter right base 26R” also was wrong as he was on right downwind thus his pattern entry should’ve been “enter right downwind 26R”.
  • Transition was wrong; you said 3000ft (should’ve been above 3500 or 4000).
  • Missed pattern entries and sequencing.
  • runways changes and inbounds always need a pattern entry.
  • You cleared me twice for the same runway, just one clearance is enough.
  • I was given an “extend downwind” when I didn’t even announce my intention to land on the field. Complete unnecessary.
  • Accurate runway exit, and ground commands in general.

If u want to know more about pattern entries, sequence or any atc question PM me I’ll be glad to help you.
Have a good one,
Sebastian9915

1 Like

Another big thanks to you for this even more detailed feedback! :)
I will try to improve as fast as I can by watching all the tutorials again etc. Glad you flew by!

1 Like

I just opened at EDDT, approx. until 2030Z.

I hate you. Gonna have to stop studying now to fly from my home airport. MLT3110, bis gleich :)

1 Like

I can come for some pattern soon if there is no traffic at KATL.

1 Like

(closed now) I’m controlling at Bremen (EDDW) now. Do some patterns or fly to EDDF, EDDM, or EHAM for example. :)

I am now controlling at München Franz Joseph Strauß (EDDM). Feel free to stop by and do some patterns, feedback very appreciated. I try to take all the previous feedback into consideration while controlling. :)

Ok so im closed for now as no one showed up unfortunately :(
Except for a troll who ignored me of course

Open now @EDDM.
RWY 26R/26L in use for departures and arrivals.
Weather: 26005KT, Visibility 5

Looking forward to see you. Feedback appreciated! :)

Hey!!
2 things to consider:

• Request runway change to 26R and you told me “enter left downwind 26R”. If no interfere with other traffic departing on 26R, say “enter rightdownwind 26R”.

• After that, need to give new clearance to the option 26R (make right traffic), because runway changed.

Regards,
Dani.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! I instructed you to enter left downwind as you would have crossed the airport under the min. transition altitude. Will take that into consideration next time! :)

1 Like

I’m gonna stop by now

1 Like