CPT_HILD's ATC Tracking Thread - [Closed] @N/A

Neat! Coming for a few patterns but also today imma challenge you acting like a noob pilot

1 Like

^^same here

1 Like

Coming as Emirates 769, A350-900

Had to go, sorry

Have to leave a bit early, sorry! I’ll type up my feedback tomorrow

Hey there! I was N231ZB - IFATC VulicityHD and thanks for controlling Dubai today! Really love the airport! Here is some feedback I have noticed during your session:

FEEDBACK

1. When I requested change to runway 30L, you just told me “number 2, traffic to follow is on left downwind”. This is a big mistake, you should’ve given me a pattern entry such as “N231ZB, enter left/right downwind runway 30L, number 2, traffic to follow is on left downwind”. Always always give pattern entry to runway changes, then sequence, then clear. It’ll help out in the long run and this is one thing recruiters look for in the practical! (04:06)

2. Once again, when I requested a runway change back to 30R, you just cleared me. Remember always give pattern entries to runway changes! This is very important! Pattern entry<sequence (if necessary)<clear once you are for sure that’s where the particular aircraft will stay throughout the remainder of his pattern. (04:08)

3. When I requested “full stop”, you did the right thing by saying “roger” however, you told me to exit the runway when I was at like 87 knots AND still in the air! You are supposed to issue an exit runway command when the aircraft is at a safe speed, (I usually do at about 70-73 isn’t knots) but definitely not while they’re in the air! Never! (04:11)

Overall, I think you have a basic understanding of what you’re doing but definitely read up and watch some videos on sequencing. Sequencing is very important when controlling patterns. I have attached some threads for you to check out that’ll help you!

Check out and read on the threads above and you’ll get a much better understanding! My PM box is always open so shoot me a message if you have any questions! Happy flying and hope to see you in the skies!

-IFATC VulicityHD

1 Like

Appreciate the advice I’m getting the hang of it. Hope to see again!

1 Like

Thanks to everyone that stoped by. Also appreciate the advice from everyone

1 Like

Hello everyone I’m open at Seattle everyone see u guys soon

1 Like

How long are you open? I’m doing a flight from KPDX to KSEA. I’m about to pushback.

@CPT_HILD Great ATC service!

My only thing is that you could have warned that other guy to avoid unnecessary reports. Still, that’s not something wrong, but it’s something you could have done. That could save some time in busy airspaces too.

Great work!

1 Like

Sorry that I’m closing earlier than I anticipated. Thanks for all the advice.

1 Like

Tonight is a special night I’m controlling my home airport KDCA come stop bye! Runway 1 is in operation when departing please use the River Visual Departure.

1 Like

Hey thanks for controlling, and man I forgot how much the Cessna will get thrown around in those winds 😂 The only thing I have for feedback is that when you cleared me for the option runway one you did make left traffic. Since I had just departed runway one for circuits and You cleared me for take off left traffic, you do not need to say the left or right traffic pattern again as you already did when you cleared my takeoff. Now if I was changing runways to do circuits on then you would issue a new traffic pattern command, also if I was inbound for touch and goes then you would also issue a traffic pattern command when clearing to land. But once you have done so once then you don’t need to repeat the left or right traffic pattern for the same runway 👍

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR ATC WORK! Hope to see you again and I will hopefully be able to fly longer for you 👍

1 Like

Thank you. I just have the little things to work on.

1 Like

Yup, you did great! Easy little things to practice and easily fixable too! The effort to practice and keep on getting on is what counts! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Yep totally agree. I usually open my thread at least 5 days a week.

OPEN at KDCA come stop by!

1 Like

thanks to everyone that stoped by

Hey man, you’re actually good!!! But I requested for landing not for touch and go the second time. Just make sure what we’re requesting for the next time. That’s all. Sorry I had to go!!